Tuesday, November 18, 2008

First snow of the season!



Here are some pictures of our cool day yesterday. Honestly, photos do NOTHING for what it really looked like. This looks like there was barely anything, but it snowed for most of the day. I am in love with new snow. It was so peaceful. If you click on the pictures to make them bigger you can actually see the snow. LOL.
My back yard. With snow.


My front view. With snow.


I plan on taking photos in the same spots throughout the winter, to see how it all changed during the months. There was enough to cover the grass and the plants by the time the sun went down. I took these photos in the morning when it first started. It was cool how heavy it would get at times. I love watching it swirl and catch the wind. Mike and I had done a little Christmas shopping yesterday (we wanted to start buying presents from santa together before he left.) Between the snow and the shopping, it feels like Christmas already. I think we'll have a lot of fun this season, getting to know winter and so many new things for us.


5 comments:

m = michelle said...

It was cool how heavy it would get at times <--- and that is a statement made from a newbie :)

Kaelene said...

I LOVE watching snow fall, because it gives me a sense of peace and calm. But, only if I am watching it from the comfort of home, and not while I am behind the wheel, in my car! LOL
Throw a snowball for me, will ya??

jen paddack-hyde said...

it was like 75 degrees here yesterday. I am a little jealous I love new snow too. Although I would be so over it by tomorrow:)When I actually had to walk and drive in it...

Maddy said...

Love the LO

And HOLY COW! Snow!!!!! It's still stinking 88 here!

Lisa said...

i love it. so pretty!!!

and that layout and pic are amazing!