Sunday, November 09, 2008

SNOW FLURRIES!!!

I was letting the dogs out and noticed little things flying by the flood light in the back yard. It's too cold for bugs... and it wasn't sprinkles!! I LOVE how snow just kind of goes along....not straight down, kind of on it's own little path all crooked and wherever the wind goes. It's sooooooo awesome!!!

I have to be a total geek to be thinking that is the absolute coolest thing in the whole world!!!! I called Megan over to look and sure enough we were standing inside just inside the door and would squeal whenever we saw more. We are easily amused.

You know the first time I saw actual SNOW coming from the sky was the last time I was at Lisa's house in Prescott, for one of our girl crops. (Holy cow, was that LAST YEAR?) I was taking stuff out to my car and paused out on her patio and watched it falling in the dark. She lives on a hill, so you could see it falling in this little valley of houses. It was the coolest thing ever. I love how quiet it is. I'm not used to things falling from the sky and there not being any noise!!

I know I'll be hating it soon enough, and these are only little snowflakes that won't even stick, but for right now...this moment... it is magical.

Can you tell I've lived in the sun belt my entire life? I have to say this to my friends in Phoenix though.... It's YOUR turn. For all the times this past summer when I was blogging about being outside and enjoying a nice summer, you can go ahead and remind me how you are enjoying a cold front this weekend with a low of mid 60s. (Wow that sounds warm and beautiful to me right now.) I have a feeling I might have to be a snowbird in January when I'm sick of not seeing my feet, bundling up and freezing my rear end off. I'm passing the torch of weather bragging rights.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool! We were watching the Bears game today, and they had flurries as well. I like flurries. I don't like months of storm after storm.

And yes- our bragging rights are officially here! It's been gorgeous for the past week! I'm all bundled up in my shorts and Uggs to keep warm. ;)

Lisa said...

we had some sleet today. not quite cold enough to snow except the mountain tops had some! i love me some flurries too.

Anonymous said...

how fun!!

miss you :)

Karen

Maddy said...

I know, I was trying to decide if we should turn the heat on or not. But it's going to pick back up to the 8o's later this week. For now we're freezing at 72. Actually -- it's 53 outside right now. BRRRRRR!