Saturday, August 22, 2009

Lego store



..... and then the ominous dark gray clouds began to part, as the sun's warm golden rays began to shine through and warm their shoulders, awakening the senses.... then the sound of angels beginning to sing.... (or more like the heavy breathing of Darth Vader and a Star Wars theme.) And there it was, right before them ...

the allusive....only to have been seen by their wishing eyes online, but never in real life...

AT-AT Walker! *gasp!* (Lego exclusive, motorized and will only be bought if I ever win the lottery! Holy cow!!)

Matthew lost a tooth the other day so the tooth fairy paid him a visit and a few dollars. He had a few dollars saved up in his room too. With a day to kill we decided we'd go up to the Kenwood Towne Center in Cincinnati to the Lego store. I had planned on taking the boys (and Megan of course but it's easier to get her to willingly go to the mall with me than it is them.) to the Lego store this weekend anyway, since I figured Trevor would want to spend his birthday money there. But those gift cards and cash burned a hole in his wallet earlier in the week and he already had picked out two other big Lego sets at Target and Toys R Us. Now Matthew had the same problem with his small savings. Why not? They get free Lego magazines and catalogs if we went up there anyway. I can't even begin to tell you how many hours are spent flipping through the catalog. It's worth the trip just for that. Matthew has been known to fall asleep with it in his hands.

Matthew ended up buying a little thing they have with a huge table full of bins and people pieces. You can put together 3 mini figures for $10. You got to pick from several leg colors, body colors, heads with various faces, all sorts of different hair pieces, hats and each mini fig came with one accessory... like a mug, or a shovel or something like that. It was fun. I had fun reorganizing pieces that weren't in their official bin. Because I'm all OCD like that. If a head was misplaced into a bin of legs, of course I had to pull it out and toss it back into the bin of heads! I think I may have found my dream job!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that AT-AT is so cool. I'd love to build that with them, but am betting it's over $500. Thanks for the update!

m/d

Lisa said...

great post. great picture. with no boys around lego's are not in my vocabulary. but they look way cool.

bring your OCD butt down here. i know i have a few head pieces in my leg bins!!!

Maddy said...

You are a FREAK! But I still love you. And what is cuter than little boys and legos?