Friday, August 28, 2009

New school year.





One full week down! School started last week, but this was the first official full week. Everybody is happy with their teachers, new friends and even middle school has been a breeze so far.

Oh it feels good to be back on a schedule. That makes for a happy mommy, even though right now I'm just trying to catch up with all the stuff that has been put off during summer vacation. I'm hoping it will all level out within this month!

This week we also got a call that Megan's school already had a confirmed case of the H1N1 virus. I can bet there is no cleaner place to be than these schools right now. I swear the air smells like bleach and purell even outside!

I also just dropped off Megan at her FIRST middle school dance tonight. Wow, that was reeeeally weird. Those are not the things I was into at that age... but things like this remind me that she is not me and she walked in with a ton of confidence. I was painfully shy. - She was all dressed up in a skirt, top and denim jacket. She looked so pretty. She has a group of friends that she was going to meet there too. I'm looking forward to hearing about it.

It has been interesting getting used to getting up much earlier to get Megan off to school. Her school starts an hour before the boys. So we are up at the crack of dawn to get her ready and I drive her to school. As soon as I get back, it's time to do it all over again with the boys. it's strange sitting out on the front steps waiting for the bus to come with just the two of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the school update! i hope there is a photo of her all dressed for the dance.

love,

m/d