Monday, August 17, 2009

While you were at the grocery store....



Some people may freak at the thought of one of their kids borrowing their camera, but because it sits on my kitchen counter all the time and they have been allowed to use it before, every now and then I find an image when I download all of my pictures that I know I didn't take.

Sometimes they are pretty funny. I find a lot of Lego people photos. But this one that I just found got me. Matthew spent YEARS carrying a cheapy $1 spot stuffed Curious George in his hand. It went everywhere. One even got lost once, and when I bought another one to replace it I tried the mom switcheroo. He looked up at me with the most serious, confused and furrowed brow look and said, "What is THIS?" Like he was disgusted. I learned that honesty was the best approach from that point on should we lose another prized possesion.

Matthew got older (it was probably a little into first grade that George stopped going everywhere with us, but he'd still sit on his bed.) Obviously nobody could pass up a stuffed monkey and not think of Matthew. I bought spare $1 spot Georges when I could, one of those is wearing jammies that I bought him for when he had his surgery, the big one came from Santa (because at that time - that big ugly George was the ONLY thing he specifically asked Santa for! You can't break the santa wish.) Megan went to a carnival here last year and won a George and was so proud to give it to him, a Webkinz monkey, etc.

Tomorrow is Trevor's birthday, and already the kitchen table is covered in lego pieces. We stopped at Target because he knew exactly what he wanted to get! Photos later! It's a work in progress... and it may take even longer since mommy is not the best at following directions for those big Star Wars ships. Aaa!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

that is so cute. i love curious george too! and if that santa wish cannot be broken then i'm a wishin' for johhny depp to be under my tree this year! lol

Anonymous said...

i listen to jack johnson on my ipod all the time because it reminds me of matthew!

m/d