Friday, August 21, 2009

Trevor's birthday....

My dad came out for a short visit, which got him here on Trevor's birthday. After lunch, we went to Graeter's for ice cream. It's a Cincinnati company so it's a must go to place when somebody visits. My dad has even ordered it to have his favorite flavors shipped back to Phoenix.

Everybody was glad to see him, but Matthew was his buddy on this trip. He always asked to sit next to him when we'd go out.
The same day, we went to Petsmart. I had been telling my dad the night before when we were outside watching Jet roam the front yard about the last little russian tortoise left at Petsmart. I felt bad for it since there were three at the store for over 8 months according to the people who worked there. In fact, when we went to buy Flower (the new one) the man seemed shocked! When we said we needed to buy the tortoise he said, "Really?" There were three that lived together for months, but one was sold before we bought Trevor's. Then we went and bought our first baby, and we'd feel bad for this last little one everytime we went back to the pet store.
So we were there and my dad bought Flower. Flower has a new home now. I couldn't bear to have him sitting in that little aquarium at the pet store all by himself. He loves to roam and eat weeds in the front yard now. I love these little guys. They have the neatest personalities, and are so zen like when they are outside. Jet is a little more used to us so far and responds to our voices. He also eats out of our hands and lets us pet his soft little neck. Some torts always hide their heads. These two are very social with people! So here is Flower:




Tank mates reunited. Jet is darker and Flower is lighter.



"Jet I think you have a little something stuck in your teeth there." He loves dandelions. Fortunately my yard has plenty of them.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Trevor ! What a nice papa you have !