Wednesday, August 12, 2009

New hair and new supplies - one more week.

One more week until the first day of school! This week all three kids have gotten their hair cut. The boys wanted the normal.... the least amount of time involved both with the actual cut appointment and time to devote to it in the mornings. Megan wanted to do something a little different this year. It's hard to tell from this photo but it's the best that I could get at the time. She is becoming less patient with me getting photos. It's probably a combination of getting a little older and it's not too pleasant outside right now. It's kind of sticky. So this was my one shot.


It's really cute though, and seems so strange to see a couple of inches in length missing. I can still pull it back in cool little pigtails though.

The turtle is awesome. We take him out front everyday to walk around the front yard. He's getting used to us and has been letting us watch him eat. We're going to work on him eating out of our hands soon. It's taken a few days to get used to each other. He's funny though because when he is inside his habitat indoors he recognizes voices and peeks out from his little burrow. He's incredibly spoiled. Not bad for a guy who lived for a year in a small aquarium at Petsmart. (The girl told us that they've had the same two turtles for a year now and didn't get a lot of one on one time at the pet store.) His personality is so neat.

So next week I get to reclaim my house and do a whole top to bottom regrouping and cleaning. Sadly, I look forward to that part. As much as I miss the kids and even some of the noise when they are gone. It will be time for the annual loud U2 music, bleachy smells and rubber gloves. And then a mom who sits on the couch until they come back and tell me about the first day. :)

3 comments:

Holly said...

We used to feed our box turtles grapes.

Maddy said...

Cute cute hair. She looks a lot like you there.

I try not to be jealous of people's "all my kids are in school" blogs but it doesn't matter, I am so JEALOUS! I still have three kids at home ALL DAY! I'm going CRAZY! I know it will be turn soon enough and I'll miss them madly.

Anonymous said...

Wow she looks beautiful! Jet is cool and I can't wait to meet him.

much love/miss everyone :(