Friday, August 07, 2009

Welcome Jet!

I think Trevor's first word had to have been turtle. He's loved them for as long as I can remember and has wanted one forever. I told him after we had moved that we would get him one for his birthday, and this year we were ready. For months now I have been buying pieces here and there to get the habitat ready for buying the tortoise. Today I asked Trevor if he wanted to wait until his actual birthday in 10 more days when school starts, or if he wanted to get him early and have some summer days to spend with Jet. I pretty much knew what his answer would be. ;) (By the way, his mouth is orange like that because he had carrots for lunch at PetsMart before we bought him. It's not normally that orange!)

We've been visiting Jet at PetsMart every week. It was nice to bring him home! We had him out in the front yard for exercise for about an hour today. They are not slow!! This little guy would start out at the bottom of our hill and with some sort of purpose he'd walk all the way to the top. I'm not sure what was up there he was going for, but we'd pick him up and take him back down to the bottom. Just to do this over and over about 100 times. I had pictured sitting out front with the tortoise a little differently.... like sitting in a chair, while he crawled around. Nope.... there is a lot of exercise for people in watching a tortoise.

I think he loves him.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Jet and am glad that T is happy with him. Happy birthday T! Glad you love Jet.

m/d