Monday, October 04, 2010

Bithday number *0. lol.


Yeah, that was a pretty awesome hair day.
.
Matthew took this picture the other day while I was helping kids get ready for school in the bathroom. It's the only one I have right now....it was taken the day before my birthday. So technically I'm still only 39 in that one!
*
Megan wants to carry on with the tradition of getting a photo of me on my birthday like I do with them, but I had to work yesterday (after getting to sleep in!) and today I work again....but it is freezing cold outside and not too pleasant to go out for any pictures. We are planning on tomorrow. (crossing fingers for a bit warmer and sunnier day, even though we desperately NEED the rain right now.)
*
My birthday was nice. Matthew woke me up early to make breakfast for me. Cereal and toast. He wanted to be up earlier than I did, so after I ate I went back to bed for awhile. Then I got up and started to get ready for work. Most might think working on your birthday would be a bummer, but it was only a short shift that got me out of the house for awhile (and away from the urge to clean at the house) I enjoy my job enough that it doesn't feel like a chore anyway. (Ask me that again after the Christmas season. Where right now the unofficial store motto in the break room is "There is NO CRYING in retail." Said after feeling like you have been beaten up and want to go hide in a fitting room in a fetal position.)
*
Thanks to facebook, most of the people I work with knew it was my birthday too, so I was greeted with lots of well wishes too. I have my eye on some things that I might go back and buy too. Only i wanted to go in on a day when i had time to try things on and not work all day cleaning up fitting rooms and then have to be in one again. lol.
*
I heard from my dad who sang a solo on my voicemail, my mom and sister who are in Florida right now, so I heard from them as well.....along with a huge group sing later that day that consisted of both of them, plus my aunt and uncles, cousins too. It cracked me up to hear them all. Plus they did a dang good job on speaker phone!
*
I even heard from Mike, all the way from Africa. It was so strange. His internet had been out all day so i hadn't heard from him before i left for work. It made me a little sad, but i knew he'd be trying like crazy to get in touch with me for my birthday. So i know it wasn't his fault. I figured i would hear from him before the end of my day. But then in the middle of work i hear a page over the store intercom that I had a call on line one. I thought for sure it would be the usual...another store calling to find out if we had something in a certain size. Instead it was Mike. So there I am standing behind a bunch of shirts, my eyes watering because of being happy, relieved and also a little stunned. lol. It was such a surprise! Farthest thing in the world that i would have expected. He said a quick happy birthday and told me that he'd wait up until i got home from work so that we could talk on instant message. We got to talk for a long time after that, which was so nice.
*
After work the kids and I went to Culver's for dinner. It was a really nice day. Thank you!! :)
*
Which here it is....October. The month of birthdays. My sister's is next week....then Megan's....then Matthew's! October always goes by so fast because of all there is to look forward to! This year we also cap off October with a visit from my mom and Mike coming home!
Counting down the days until the 22nd!! I can't wait!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

miss you so much. thanks for the note!

love,

mike