Wednesday, October 20, 2010

These little feet....

are going to be EIGHT years old tomorrow.




The weird thing is, I remember when Trevor turned eight here in Kentucky. It really doesn't seem like we've been here that long. - Matthew just cannot be turning eight. Sorry Matthew, but you are still the baby and forever in my mind as four or five years old. I just can't get used to eight.
*
I went out today and got some things for tomorrow. He wanted a chocolate cake, so I got all of the makings for it. Plus birthday paper plates for his classroom tomorrow to share cookies with his classmates, PLUS a few surprises. A lego set, some star wars guys and a dog tag necklace. (He's very into military stuff and was wanting one a long time ago, but i was never able to find one.) Today I stumbled upon one and knew that it was meant to be. I think he'll be surprised.
*
ALSO!
*
Mike comes home on Friday!!!!! I can't contain my excitement! I am giddy! The best part is that he'll be home in the afternoon, so I will be able to pick him up from the airport before the kids get home so we can enjoy a lunch together. Then we'll have a family dinner to celebrate all of the October birthdays.
*
He's going to be surprised by the weather here. He's been in Africa and has told me about how hot it has been. It is so beautiful here with the fall. I'm glad this year he gets to be home while the leaves are actually falling and we can drive around and look at the pretty trees.
*
Also, my mom is coming back out for a visit! I am looking forward to having some time without post surgery stuff. Honestly....I was on so many medications that I don't remember a heck of a lot from her last trip here.
*
It's Survivor night. :)
TRAVEL SAFE!! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AT THE AIRPORT!! I LOVE YOU!!!

No comments: