Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Happy birthday #12!!!

Today is Megan's 12th birthday! I actually even had the day off without having to request it, which was so nice.
*
Last night we started by making her birthday cake...an ooey gooey butter pumpkin. It is one of her favorites and it was hard to not get into it after it cooked because the house smelled so good.

Today she went to school and said that a ton of people said happy birthday to her, and in chorus they sang to her. I picked her up an hour early for fun.

I spent the day looking for a stablemate to go on her cake. I went to Target, but no luck. They always have them! So I drove over to Midway Tack and found one. It was perfect.
*
When she got home from school I had the table decorated for her to see as soon as she walked in. I found these cool paper balls at Target a long time ago (I think they were summer decorations) but they looked festive and happy! She knew exactly what the wrapped box was on the table. When I was little I could spot a Breyer box no matter how it was wrapped!
*
We got her Rachel Alexandra (horse that won the derby) and a gift bag full of baby goldfish crackers so she won't run out. Story behind the goldfish: She loves them. She can eat the regular ones, but prefers to bite the heads off of the little baby ones. She will come home from school and eat a bowl of them whenever she can. For some reason, Kroger has been out of them for about a month. Each time we'd walk by to check....the baby goldfish part of the shelf was empty. Boo.
*
I made a point to stop at a differnt store today and found them. So I bought 5 bags. That ought to keep her in baby goldfish for a bit. I think she was actually pretty surprised.
*
I love the look on her face when she found out what horse it was.


Last week during Fall break, one of her friends had invited her to go to Lexington for the World Equestrian Games. She had some money saved up, and her friend gave her some money to pick out a horse to bring home. Her and Celeste spent an hour walking around the Breyer Barn looking at all the models and talking in collector geek talk about Trads, Special Runs, etc. It makes me laugh, because I still understand it myself.
*
She came home with Espirit (The official special mold made for the WEG, and says Kentucky 2010 on it's belly.) and one of the treasure hunt horses for the year. This photo reminds me so much of my photos from when I was a kid. There was always a table top full of new horses.


She has been saving her birthday money and wants to spend a day at the mall shopping, so I plan on taking her within the week. :)

No comments: