Thursday, October 21, 2010

Happy birthday Matthew!!!


I LOVE this boy!!
He had eight candles on his cake....but he wanted one more wish. Hey, that is ok with me. Can you have enough wishes on your birthday?
I think Matthew had a good day today. He was so excited to wake up and have presents on the table. Before school he got: a lego set, several Star Wars figures (I saved R2 for his cake as a surprise.) a cool camo dog tag necklace and some Star Wars jammies.
*
I took cookies and birthday plates into his school....which he had picked out the day before at the store. He came home with a bunch of cookies and told me that he hadn't eaten one. I asked him why not and he said, "My teacher said that they had peanuts in them."
"Um, no...why would I send you to school with birthday treats for your class and you not be able to have one? Let alone, why would I buy anything with peanuts??"
*
Apparently they were a little freaked out that the label said that these may have been baked on equipment that had come in contact with peanuts. Ugh, a label that is on EVERYTHING. I am glad they were cautious with his allergy, but really??? Would I send in cookies that he wouldn't be able to eat on his birthday? Oh well....
*
*
Today may be the official birthday, but we'll be celebrating tomorrow. TOMORROW Mike comes home, and we'll go out to dinner. - and we'll make sure he gets an extra piece of cake to make up for the missing cookie.
*
And thus concludes the birthday season......lol.

No comments: