Friday, March 10, 2006

My Boys

Not much going on this week. Such is the exciting life of a stay at home mom. But given the sickness we have had over this winter season, I'm actually HAPPY to report that we are.....boring! Ha ha!

I did a page tonight while watching American Idol. I love reality TV!

See that little black strip of paper? That is from my good friend Lisa who spotted that cute BOY paper at JoAnn's and gave it to me! Thanks Lisa! I'm putting it to good use already!

Here is the journaling: " All I wanted was a nice photo of the two of you, sitting next to each other with big smiles - but on this day neither of you would cooperate and let me get that 'perfect' picture. Instead you both kept rocking the bench and laughing because I was begging for you both to smile. You were plotting against me!

Then after a deep breath, I realized that this is what having a brother really is all about. I watched you for a few minutes while you were both talking about boy things (rocks) and laughing because you were having fun playing on the bench.

You both are really close, and play together so nicely most of the time. But you are both boys. You argue and take things away from each other, you make each other cry and fight for the best lap to sit on when we all watch TV together, but in an instant everything can change and you are both hugging each other and making sure that each other are safe and happy. I hope you both always have a wonderful relationship as brothers, and in the end I think I did get that perfect picture that I was hoping for. It is what I see you two do everyday - interacting with each other, talking with each other and playing with each other. That is perfect to me!"

Tomorrow is Friday! The kids have half days at school, and then SPRING BREAK next week! I can't wait!

Love to all!!

Kerry

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Kerry!! Love that page! So cute!!! And that strip of black just makes it POP!! HA HA But where is the doodling?

Anonymous said...

love the layout!! Great mixing of pattern paper:)

I'll be emailing you back this weekend:)