Friday, March 03, 2006

What is wrong with me? I really can't get moving today. I'm sure this will be a very thrilling post for anybody who is unfortunate enough to read it. Ha ha!

I'm just in a funk lately. I am so tired of working and then later in the day it all looks like nothing has been done. I know, mostly it is just clutter, and the house is actually 'clean' but it still feels like I am taking one step forward and three steps back lately. I get like this every now and then. I let everything get out of control and then I have a day where I do it all from morning until I go to bed around midnight. Sometimes I just secretly hate that Mike can actually sit down and relax and watch TV at night. I can't. I am still doing something while we watch TV, like organize a drawer, iron or scrap. I don't hold it against him, I actually think it is a good thing that he can. I just wish that I could make myself do that. I'm always thinking about what I should be doing. I hate that. I seriously can't watch a movie because I think that I should be wiping off the dusty baseboards. I mean how can we possibly LIVE in a house with dusty baseboards?!?! - This is also coming from a girl who would clean her hospital room after having babies, or pre-clean for housekeeping on a ship or hotel. I'm sick.

I even sat out in the atrium for about 30 minutes this morning. The weather is so perfect right now. I read a magazine. I was listening to the birds, and even a hummingbird flew in to eat from the feeder. Totally buzzed my head too, the freaky thing. But I was wondering why I don't do that more often. It just felt good. I was thinking about how someday when my kids have moved out and I am 'retired' with mike, that I'll probably be sitting out there doing the same things but wishing the kids were licking the sliding glass doors again.

OK, and my goal for today is to have Mike show me how to post my layouts on my blog.

Adios muchachos.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

welcome to the life of a woman!!! Can't wait to see your layouts up here!! Put your feet up and stay in the atrium a little longer!!

laura said...

hey - what are you doing hiding over here blogging???

if you don't like dusty baseboards, i'll be sure never to invite you over. :P :P

enjoy your book - go back out on monday and read and enjoy the hummingbirds!

love ya