Monday, March 27, 2006

Hello???

Is there a pancake on my head or something? I don't get it. Today has been a weird day. I started out somewhat early to look for a quilt for Megan's new bed. As I'm driving down my street, I see a neighbor from the end of my street that I don't really know driving in the opposite direction. I smile and wave. He looked me right in the eye and kept driving. Okay...no big. I go about my shopping. I found a quilt by the way.

So then I am standing at the corner waiting for Trevor's bus to drop him off. It is so beautiful outside today. It is overcast, there is a nice breeze, and it must be in the 70's. Perfect day. Three other neighbors drive down my street as I am standing on the corner. I smile and wave. Again, nobody waves back. One in particular was a police car with a K9 badge on the side of it. My next door neighbor is a K9 cop too, so I'm assuming he is going to my neighbor's house. I smile and wave. He stares right at me and drives by like he is looking for addresses. I watch him drive down the street as I am starting to get paranoid that Trevor's bus is almost 10 minutes late. I start to think the worse, but watch him get out of his car. Now I'm thinking, "wow, this guy isn't in a good mood. I hope he isn't looking for my house. Why is the bus so late anyway??"

Then a woman that I casually know from school with a girl who is in Trevor's class drives by. She looks right at me and doesn't acknowledge me. Again...weird. I swear this happens one more time with one more car that goes down my street. I am swearing myself off of being nice for the rest of the day. What is so dang hard?? Smile! Wave! Or go stay in your house and be grumpy. So there is my little vent.

Or is it something wrong with me? Did I put my underwear over my jeans on accident? Is there a booger in my nose? What is it???

Oh well, the most important thing is that Trevor hopped off the bus and gave me a huge hug. I guess I am ok after all. ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so have those days too...LOL...hopefully today is better:)

Lisa said...

Umm--people are freaks! Either that or you have a pancake on your head with dripping butter and syrup!! HA Maybe they are just in their own little warped world like me--all my friends say I never wave cuz I don't see them!! but I love you K and I would wave--unless you have a big panckake on your head!:)

Anonymous said...

i think it was a waffle, actually! i hope it was blueberry.

if you were my neighbor, i'd wave to you everyday!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Kerry!!!!! I am soooo glad to see you posting again! Apparently you've been for a while but I hadnt peeked in! ANyway......love the card and the snow and rain photos and the layout of Meghan! You're so stinkin talented! I love pancakes by the way but I can't have them from Denney's with syrup because it gives me the world's nastiest gas EVER! Weird I know!