Thursday, April 17, 2008

where in the world is Kerry you ask? Because I know you've been wondering. ;)


Hey, we're not in Kansas anymore!

Kansas is one long ass state. It isn't as boring as I expected though, because I like farms. I loved seeing all of the real barns with horses and cows along the way. And these adorable hay bales. But it is looooong. I even fell asleep for an hour and woke up STILL in Kansas.

Why am I passing through Kansas anyway?

Mike and I are on a quick road trip. We are driving the audi back to cincinnati. He had three days off to do it, so I went along for the ride. Kind of hoping for a chance to reconnect since this separate coast living is taking it's toll. I'm flying back on Friday.

later!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha

you know my hubby is from Kansas right? Came to cali to go to school--

he says we could sell our house here and retire now in Kansas...I say NO WAY!!!

Karen

Anonymous said...

Oh girl.... you don't know "long ass state" until you drive all the way across Texas. Ask Lisa about the text I sent her when we were making our move here to MS. I swear I hated Texas. LOL So now you have only three more states to cross before you hit OHIO. You must LOVVVVVVE Mike to pieces cuz I woulda passed on that road trip! Oh wait..... a three day break from the kids? Scratch that.... que in... "on the road again" by Willie Nelson. ROFLMAO Love ya! Have fun!

Kaelene said...

I have, actually, been wondering WHY you haven't updated your U2 photo blog!! :)
See you on Saturday!

Syrinx67 said...

Ahhhh! I love road trips! I have made the trip from AZ to IL many times and just in January I made a trip from CA to IL. Kansas is a long ass state but Nebraska is a bit longer be glad you aren't any further north! Aghhhh...ok, I know it would have taken a bit longer but why DIDN'T you take 80 and come up to see me on the way?!? (This is me selfishly wanting to see you guys) Or fly back with a looooong layover in Chicago??? Phoot! So close but so far! Well, have fun! Road trips are always an adventure.

jen paddack-hyde said...

you should drive California the LONG way...and it really isn't very exciting. When Nate and I had to drive back from Oregon a few years ago at night it was SOOO boring and took forever. Good to reconnect sometimes too...Nate and I have to do that even though he lives in the same house...LOL. We just tend to get caught up in everything else going on and put "us" on a back burner.

Qwendykay said...

I've been wondering!! And believe me.. I know the separate coast living thing... and it SUCKS.

Maddy said...

I got your comment on my blog. Did you get my e-mail??

Lisa said...

i love those hay rolls!!! and shanna is right. try going across texas! glad you enjoyed yourself!