Thursday, June 25, 2009

"Kids.... can I keep him?? Pleeeease?!?!?"






Just after Megan and I were watching fireflies and I said, "Dang, I love Kentucky." she went inside and I stayed out for a few more minutes. THEN I see something moving in the dark in the driveway next door to me. I knew in an instant... and I RAN!


A froggie! Well... a toad... but isn't it the cutest wittle face in the whole wide world??? I had to catch him just so I could see him. I opened the front door and called the kids so they could see what I found. All three started making this "ooooooh he's sooooooo cute!" kind of thing all at the same time. My other neighbor across the street working in his yard was probably wondering what was going on and what we were so excited about.


So he's been inside, photographed, stared at, awwed over and now we're trying to think of where to let him go. I don't want him getting smushed by a car. But it was fun having him visit.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

i love you. even though you are my crazy frog friend. did you see that one episode of 'everyone loves raymond' when the brother dates the frog girl?? ha ha

Anonymous said...

He is pretty cute for a toad. I hope you guys found a safe place for him.

Looks like you guys had a little weather last night!

M/D