Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Tuesday! Promotion day!


Lately there have been a lot of signs around our house about how time has gone by. One of the biggies today is that Megan had promotion night tonight. Tomorrow is her last official day of elementary school, then next year is middle school. I won't lie that makes me excited and a little sad all in one. She's growing up to be such a fun girl.... as much as I miss the baby and toddler stuff sometimes, I think I miss it more just because I know it won't come again. While it was fun in it's own right, the years that we are in now with the kids are so much more fun. I love the freedom of having them a little bit older. They're just fun to be around.




Another big milestone this week is that tomorrow will be a year since we've been here. I have spent the last week looking at photos from this time last year trying to gauge where we were on that certain day. Man that was a long trip. And now I have a year behind me here. I'm still glad for the move, as crazy as things have gotten even since moving here I'm still happy and settled. Sometimes I laugh at how much things have changed. If you would have told me this time last year that within the year Mike would be doing some work in Yemen I wouldn't have believed it. I guess I've learned a lesson that really anything is possible!




Another smaller, but still very exciting milestone today was when I was putting away a stack of winter blankets that have been sitting on my dresser. I was moving things around in the hall closet to make room for them and I picked up a box with the boys' breathing machine and all the tubes, albuterol boxes and things in it. That's one change here... the boys asthma has been so much better. For the past 10 years in Arizona that breathing machine was a spring and fall staple. Most of the time it just sat out as plain as you'd leave your kitchenaid mixer on the counter since it got used all the time. Ugh, those late nights where you'd hear coughing and you knew you were in for a long night with that machine. I used to watch Blues Clues, Dora and Thomas while holding a sick boy on my lap while we waited the 15 minutes or so to do a treatment.




Both boys have inhalers now. Which means that they are both old enough too to know when they need some and take care of themselves. It's amazing. Trevor hasn't had issues since moving here, but Matthew still sleeps with his inhaler chamber next to his bed.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. What a great photo of my girl!

2 more days!!!

jen paddack-hyde said...

if that makes you feel like time has gone by...tomorrow is Alex's 8th grade graduation. I'll be the mother of a high school student! Hope it was really nice. She looks so grown up!