Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy day!



Today was such a beautiful day. I went to Meijer to pick up a couple of things for dinner, and noticed that the garden department was open. It is closed during the winter for obvious reasons...lol. It felt so good to walk around amongst all of the new trees and flowers!

We have lost two small trees in the front of our house since moving in from windstorms. I've been sick about it ever since because I love my trees. So I was excited to see some new ones in pots ready to be sold. When Mike comes home, that is one of our projects, for sure!

I also picked up some tulips for my table. There is nothing that lifts a mood better than a fresh vase of flowers on my table. Infact they always motivate me to clean up the kitchen area really well because I don't want to lose something so pretty in all the caos. So right now when I walk into my kitchen I smile at my flowers. Why don't I buy them more often? Mike is good about bringing me flowers, but I always forget to get some for myself. I have to remember to do this more often.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

i love fresh flowers too! they just make you happy! i love trees too. but you know i'm a tree hugger. lol