Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekend. And COME ON what happended to spring?

Sorry, no picture today. I have to admit to being lazy about taking pictures just because I've either been part of what is going on with playing outdoors or it's been too cold to go out and do anything worthy of taking pictures. March is a weird month. It's COLD today. I like the cold... don't get me wrong, but I have been teased with a few incredibly perfect warm days this past week, and it has been nice to be out soaking it all up and doing outdoor things.

Of course then, there's days like today where I just plain old forget about taking it with me. Three times now I have been over by Turfway Park when the horses have been out. Each time I forget to have my camera with me. Today Megan, Matthew and I stopped at PetsMart to kill time while waiting for Trevor at a birthday party. We went to see the frogs and turtles, and the dogs in the training classes. PetsMart and Target are next to the race track. Every now and then I'll be walking across the parking lot and a dozen horses will run by. It's a cool sound and just makes me think, "Dang, I love Kentucky!"

Today when we got in the car I saw that the race horses were being led out and and going towards the starting gate. We pulled around to the other side of the track where we parked right up at the fence and watched as the horses came around the corner on the last stretch of the race. Literally.... 20 feet from the car. Megan and I loved it. Matthew just played DS, I don't think he knew horses just galloped by him.

But as usual, here is another time where I have been at Turfway without my camera. It would have been pretty cool to get a picture of Megan watching the horses at the fence.

So that has been our day. I'm hoping for some warm weather this week to get out and do some things. It looks like we have rain coming for the next couple of days. BUT then Mike will be home in the first part of April, and we have some pretty cool plans for spring break! YAY!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

it got cold here too. but i love it. but everything is blooming here. i can't believe how big matthew has gotten!!!