Monday, March 16, 2009

little update

I'm here! It has been forever since I've blogged. A little insomnia, a little busy with life stuff, a little worn down and waiting for Mike to get back from Yemen to make me some salsa.

Matthew was so sweet yesterday. He woke up, threw his arms around me and just said, "Have I ever told you how much I love you??" I said, "No...tell me! I love to hear it!" He told me that I'm the best mom in the whole universe. There is no better way to start the day I tell you. He's a good kid. And the best Matthew in the universe too!

He's also leaning towards the dark side. I asked him yesterday if he wanted to watch Thomas with me. (He still plays with the trains, and we still read a Thomas book a couple times a week) but another force is starting to eek it's way into his life right now. Darth Vader. Yes.... he loves Darth. He came home from school when they had the 100th day of school and brought a poster he had made. It had 100 cut from die cut paper sticking out of the top of a piece of black construction paper. He wrote, "I wish for 100 Lego Darth Vaders. Because I love Darth Vader. He is so cool." Then a little picture that he drew.

He's still sleeping with his Lego storm troopers, (They hurt to sleep on when I don't find them all before I go to bed.) and reminds me every now and then that he hopes he'll get the Lego set that comes with the real Vader and his tie fighter. Every now and then he'll ask about chores in hopes of earning money towards it, or asks when the next gift giving holiday is. Little does he know... there's a secret box in the garage. The Easter Bunny is bringing it to him. Along with a cool helmet shaped Darth Vader mug amongst the cheery spring peeps, chocolate bunnies and candy filled easter eggs. :)

This picture of Matthew was from this weekend. We went to a place called Boone Woods. This park is awesome, and we'll be going back this weekend. It is heaven for kids. There is a big play fort with levels and concrete tubes to crawl through. Soccer fields, tennis courts, basketball courts, a cabin to play in, bridges, big knocked over trees to walk on and the best ever..... running creeks! They had so much fun jumping over the water, leaping from rock to rock and all that dangerous kid stuff. It was perfect. Except that we started to get rained out... but we're looking forward to going back.

Trevor has a field trip tomorrow to the Cincinnati Science Museum. It's rescheduled from a snow day.... he can't wait. Megan has a field trip to the Florence Government Center on Wednesday. Then back to Cincy for a dental appointment on Thursday for the T Man. We're going to have lunch together. It's going to be a busy week. :)



2 comments:

Lisa said...

i can't believe little matthew is not that little! can you believe are babies are growing up?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the update! I miss you guys soooooo much!

Mike/Daddy