Tuesday, March 03, 2009

No line on the horizon....





Mmmm. Happy day. Why are you not out buying the NEW U2 album?!? Go. Quickly! Seriously....


Ah today brings back memories of going to Tower Records on Mill Avenue - going back to the U section - and picking up my new 12 inch vinyl disc of whatever album was new at the time. War, Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree.... etc. I always bought the vinyl version because you always got cool goodies like a gatefold picture or a little poster and then bought the cassette version for my walkman. Man, does this sound like dinosaur days or what?


Then we moved on to the CDs. And I became a mom. And I'd end up buying a new album from Target along with a package of diapers, or hairspray. Sorry Tower Records.... but I still have a spot in my heart for you.


So today I'm going out to get my new CD. My poor kids and neighbors will love me by the end of the day I'm sure. Mike will be happy he's in Yemen.


I have heard Sexy Boots two days in a row at the same time in the morning that I am doing my hair and putting my makeup on. There's something really nice about hearing Bono sing "You don't know how beautiful you are." when you are staring yourself in the mirror. Thanks guys... you still know me! LOL! ;)


Oh and if the day can't get any better.... I read this morning that there will be another album from them later this year. Supposedly a companion album to this one. Yeeeeeeee! OH and remember when I said in a random post awhile ago that I would LOVE an album with U2 and Green Day? A photo on the U2 site shows Edge and Billy Joe together. Could I at least have gotten another song from the two? Gasp!!! Infact.... MADDY GASP!

Peace and love y'all. I'm outta here and will have happy ears.


3 comments:

Lisa said...

i knew that album was coming out and wondered if you had it already. i will have to give a listen to sexy boots.

i used to go to tower records myself. loved it.

mimiscraps said...

I was down on Mill Ave just today, but for other things! I think I might have to venture out, it's so hard to decide to get the new ones when I still have a soft spot for the Joshua Tree and Rattle&Hum! I haven't been disappointed yet!

sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

So now that you've listened to it a million times... whaddya think? I've read some really good reviews and I'm furious with myself because I forgot to record GMA yesterday.