Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesday

Today Megan, Trevor and I are venturing into the Nati for dental appointments. Between the cleanings and going back for cavity stuff I feel that is about all we do lately. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to be able to get them there and have their teeth taken care of, but with three kids sometimes it feels like every other week is some sort of dental thing. This should be the last for at least another six months. Whew.

So I treated Matthew to McDonalds on his way to school this morning. He loves sausage McGriddles. He'd eat them all the time if he could. So knowing he'd be a little bummed at walking into school by himself and that he has to stay at a friend's house after school until we get back.... it was a treat. It was also fun to just have him in the car while we had a little car picnic.

There is a longer, scenic road that we can take that eventually comes out near the school. When we stop at McDonalds any other time and want to take our time coming back we'll take this road. It is full of hills, lined with beautiful white fencing for miles, beautiful horse farms and big giant trees. It's so rural and pretty. We took this road this morning which made for a lot of time for Matthew and I to talk. He's pretty chatty. He even at one point asked me if he talked too much.

But he made me laugh this morning. It's funny when you can tell what they are learning about in school. We passed an old cemetarty which reminded him of something he saw about President Lincoln. He went on and on about the memorial in D.C., how he was the 16th president, how he's on the penny AND the 5 dollar bill.... and anything else you'd want to know about Lincoln. I was pretty impressed actually. So he starts to tell me how only special presidents are allowed on money.

disclaimer: this has nothing to do with political views, and no hidden agenda. I just thought it was funny coming from a very serious 6 year old.

He says that he hopes that our new president... President Obama... will be put on the Chuck E. Cheese tokens. Now trust me, to him that's quite an honor.

3 comments:

Kaelene said...

I ♥ little kids and their thought processes and their inhibition about voicing them! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

i am so glad you got to have fun with matthew. tell him they were giving those sausage mcgriddles away at the mickey d's here!

lisa

sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

That's awesome!

When I was a nanny, one of the little boys used to tell everyone that his daddy (who's a doctor) was a pizza delivery guy... in his mind there was nothing more impressive than the guy who showed up at your house with a pizza!

(And I ♥ sausage McGriddles!!)