Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Edited to add: Um, yeah it must have been the stress from sitting down last minute to do the kid's valentines for school tomorrow. I just realized that tomorrow isn't actually valentine's day. But hey, it doesn't change that I still love ya! I just love ya a little earlier.

Happy Valentine's day. This isn't usually a day I get too excited about.... but last month when I replaced a box on my kitchen countertop that is my catch all for to go menus, phone numbers, etc. I found this rock again. I always know the rock is there because with every move we've ever made I just know it's in the kitchen. It really should have a more prominent spot in my house now that I think about it.

When Mike and I were dating (holy cow, nearly 20 years ago!) He went on a vacation with his parents to Oregon. He spent some time walking up and down the coast, and found this rock on the beach and brought it home to me. It has the most perfect little heart carved out of the middle of it by years of water and erosion. Nature is just so cool sometimes.

I'd also like to say that even though I'm not a fan of the day itself.... I am a fan of reminding the people in my life that I love.... that I do love them. And appreciate them, and feel lucky to have them in my life. Family and friends. I love you all so much!

P.S. Also happy Arizona Statehood Day to all you AZ folk. Go eat some mexican food for me in celebration will you? Then just don't tell me about it. ;) Or at least let me smell your breath.

4 comments:

sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

Hi Kerry...
This is so surreal. I didn't even know about the crash last night because I went to bed early. I found out this morning.

My family and friends are all safe. The crash was about half an hour from where I live... I work right behind the airport and I can't even explain how close it was to making it to the airport.

Unbelievably sad. My heart just hurts.

Kerry said...

Thanks for checking in! I was worried about you last night. My husband knows a pilot that works for that company and flys the same aircraft, so he was worried sick last night too. He even remembered you lived in Buffalo, so when I said I knew somebody there he asked if I had heard from you lately. I don't think I have your email addy. Do you have mine?

sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

No, I'm pretty sure I don't have yours. Mine is jedisue [at] gmail [dot] com

Is your hubby's friend okay?

They were slowing releasing the passenger list yesterday and I finally had to turn off the news because I just couldn't watch it anymore.

It's amazing how much you can hurt for people you don't even know...

Thanks, chickie.

Lisa said...

i love you too!!!