Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I love IKEA


We went to IKEA the other day to pick up a few things for Megan's room. Mainly some window coverings to block out some of the light from the streetlamp out in the front of our house. So we bought some pretty curtains and some iron rods to dress it up a bit. This little paper falls out, and I just died laughing. Megan asked me what was so funny. Fortunately I have to admit that putting the rods up on -already existing from the previous owners supports above the windows- made it easy for me to put up the curtain rods up in a snap.


But anybody who has ever bought a piece of furniture from IKEA knows that the smiling man in the picture would be better drawn as what ALWAYS happens after thinking you got such a good deal on something, yet realized it would have been easier and cheaper as far as frustration goes to have bought something from Ethan Allen instead, had it delivered and set up in the room the piece was intended for.


If I drew these instructions, there would be steam coming from the ears. The man would not be smiling. In fact he'd probably have already stabbed that IKEA allen wrench you get with purchase in between his eyes. And there would be a speech balloon above his little stick man fists that said something like, "%*$&(#!!!!!!!!" But still.... despite the number of times we've lived through a lesson of IKEA furniture, I still love the place. I love anyplace that you can buy a dresser, a mirror and a bag of meatballs.


1 comment:

Maddy said...

HA HA HA! I've had the steam coming out of my ears MANY times. I actually do way better at putting them together than Dustin does.