Friday, February 06, 2009

We're being invaded!

Guess what? Matthew isn't the only child in the world without a Star Wars Lego set anymore. At least that's what he believed up until yesterday. All I've heard about is Star Wars lately. The regular Lego guys (all the city workers and pilots he has) in his mind were storm troopers and stuff. But since he did so well yesterday at his dentist appointment (he was hurting pretty bad...it was a little more than a cavity filling.) I treated him to a quick trip to get him a little surprise on the way home.

He slept with these stormtroopers in his hand last night. He's even home with me today since he looks like he got sucker punched by a cheese grater on his lip, and his head is still a little sore. He has not put these things down.

Apparently though, I don't play Star Wars right. I play like a girl. When I'm the storm troopers, instead of shooting at anything with the 'pew pew' noise, I have them all planning a party at Vader's on Saturday night where Bob the stormtrooper has to check with the wife, and asks if he can bring a pie. Joe is bringing hot dogs and the other guy is bringing the buns.

"Moooomy.... that's not right." But he's trying not to laugh. Maybe Vader can ask the good guys to join them. They all need to get along.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

that is so cute. at least you didn't have the storm troopers accompany you to the mall and help you pick out shoes and lipstick!!!

Unknown said...

Awww. I hope the cheese grater mouth goes away soon! Poor kid.