Saturday, May 23, 2009

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

This is what happens when Trevor has my camera and takes pictures. I find evidence when I put the card in to load my own pictures. I know it was him because there were also pictures of various turtle related items. Busted. But hey, this kind of goes with the theme of the weekend with the flag out front.

Of course, Matthew in his shirt. I wash that thing every single night. I hope that the red stays for a long time! He really does own more than one shirt... but he's still in his Cincinnati Reds phase.

Are we the only ones staying home for the weekend? Today I took the kids to see Race To Witch Mountain. (Which was really good btw, and man I'd love to be able to slam two people's heads at the same time into the hood of a taxi like The Rock. That would be a sweet skill to have.) It was at the $1 theater. Somehow this was one of those kid movies that managed to sneak by us without seeing it while it was in the regular theater. The price was even better!

(shhh.... Lisa, if you click on that link you get a little Dwayne eyeful.)

Anyway.... I'm still in the habit of getting to the theater at least 30 minutes before the movie starts which really wasn't necessary today. When I pulled up there were five cars in the parking lot at 1:00 which the girl who sold tickets said were employee cars. I was the first person to be there today. So my plan of getting there early to have time to stand in the concession line was kind of for nothing. It took all of 5 minutes.

More people came in finally, but I swear everybody was gone for the weekend or at the grocery store. (where it WAS a zoo.)

I rocked dinner tonight. I made a honey/orange juice/ baja spice marinade and grilled chicken. My kids think I'm awesome for it. Plus salad and fruit salad. I love summer fruit and we have it with every single meal. At least I felt like I was out grilling with the rest of the world since I think all of my neighbors were standing on their decks grilling too. We all kind of raised our BBQ tongs at each other to say hey. Kentucky backyard camaraderie.

Other than that I am incredibly boring. Oh, but I just had to tell Megan to stop yelling at her youngest brother. She doesn't have an indoor voice and especially when she's mad. Which makes it to where I can't be the one to tell Matthew to stop whatever he's doing (probably just looked in her direction I'm sure!) because I can't top the octave she has. So finally I yell loud enough to tell her to stop and that her voice was like nails on a chalkboard. Then silence. Then a little voice from upstairs (Matthew) "Um mommy? What's a chalkboard?" Are you kidding? Another phrase that time has managed to screw up. Now they have dry erase boards, not chalk boards. I also realized how archaic I really am when not too long ago I said somebody sounded like a broken record. "What's a record?" Same with me saying, "OH U2 has a new album!"

"What's an album?" Then I told Megan to grab her walkman one time to go for a walk. "What's a walkman?"

Sigh. Why even try anymore? I'm getting old.

Well if this post didn't end up going all over the place. I hope everybody has a happy and safe weekend!

4 comments:

jen paddack-hyde said...

I said "album" (in reference to music) to Alex the other day and she looked at me like I was crazy. I have not raised her right...LOL. She needs to be taught the ways of the 80's...LOL.

Hope your having a great memorial Day Weekend!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Trevor took a pretty cool photo!

Less than two weeks...yay!

Maddy said...

Sounds like you've been having fun! I swear nate wears the same 3 shirts all the time. Luckily we generate enough laundry for me to do wash every day too!

Kaelene said...

You crack me up, even long distance!
And, I'm blown away that I haven't seen you in almost a year! We need a Kerry visit!!!