Friday, May 01, 2009

Derby day!

Well one cool thing living here is that a lot seems to revolve around the derby in the way of parties like superbowl parties, carnivals, etc. Another is that the kids learned a little bit about the derby and the history of it in school this week. They are getting ready for a week full of end of year KCTS tests next week, (AIMS in AZ) so today they had some down time to talk about other things like this weekends' Kentucky Derby.

Matthew's class came up with horses that they named and colored racing silks in the colors that they wanted. You'll never guess the name of Matthew's horse. Typical boy. Typical Matthew. His fictitious horse is named "Hoof hearted." Say it like he does as he announces his horse "AND Hoof hearted (sounds like who farted if you say it fast enough) comes around the corner!!" He has been laughing about this allll day. - OK, and I have too. It's pretty funny.

5 comments:

nanas said...

I am still laughing at Hoof Hearted, tell Matthew that I am going to say his horse name at least once a day. I might even say it in church....Have to go, I am laughing too hard to to type.

Lisa said...

that's funny. but i thought you lived in ohio? lol

Maddy said...

That is so cute. I'm obviously not a boy because I was thinking half-hearted.

m = michelle said...

LMAO!!!

Unknown said...

Ha! Classic!!!