Saturday, May 16, 2009


Not much going on here. I have been told on three separate occasions today that I am the *best mom in the world.* Ok, one said that I was the best in the UNIVERSE even. You can't get enough of that when you feel like an old workhorse who has been doing this all on her own for over a month now and you know you've had some less than stellar moments. But when they say that over simple things, it makes it all worth it.
We made cookies today. I should rephrase that - I made cookies while the others helped by licking the bowl and eating cookies. The weather has been phenominal today. We had an awesome thunderstorm around 5:00 this morning that woke me up. It felt so good to wake and realize that it was Saturday. For the 60 seconds I probably remained awake I enjoyed the sound of the rain outside.
Then later in the afternoon we had hollywood rain. The kind that looks like somebody turned it on... straight down and hard. Then *poof* in less than 30 minutes the sun and blue sky were out and everybody is outside playing again. The windows have been open and I can smell fresh cut grass from everybody out doing yards today. Which reminds me that I have to do mine tomorrow. It's a perfect spring day and I love every minute of it.
Shhhh.... the frogs are sleeping. - I LOVE my frogs. I'm sure everybody who knows me knows this. LOL. Mike even gets a weekly update on them. I love when they are all sleeping. They hang out in the plant with their little noses sticking out of the water. They say, "HI Mike! We miss you. Come home soon!"

For some reason the kids have a three day weekend. I'm not sure why, according to the lunch calendar on the refrigerator they have next monday off for memorial day, but I have no clue why they do this week. I'm hoping to go for a little hike with them tomorrow. I think all of our rain is gone for awhile.
That's it. We are amazingly boring.


2 comments:

Lisa said...

dude. you made cookies? without mike there? i stand amazed.

and you like frogs? who knew??

Gpa said...

YUM ! YUM !