Monday, May 04, 2009

SUPERfan.

Ugh, this is the smile I get when I ask to see his teeth for once. He's such a serious picture taker.

This is THE shirt. I told Mike I had bought it for him and he wanted to see a picture. Matthew told me that he is going to grow up to be a professional Reds Superfan. He has a hat, and wants to wear it and the shirt to a game when Mike comes home. He also wants to put a C on each buttcheek so he says, which will be covered by his Reds underwear and his Reds pants. I'm not sure what made him decide that he loves them so much, but this kid does. He comments on anybody wearing any Reds anything and makes a big deal when we drive by the Great American Ballpark.

This shirt is worn every time it is clean. And lets just say that I pretty much do a load of laundry every day, so it is well loved. Who knew?

** observations from today **

speaking of Cincinnati... today I went to Costco and some other shopping across the river. My sense of smell has always been intense. I think all of my memories have some sort of smell that I remember right along with them. I think my earliest is when I was little... I don't even know how old I was but I remember living in Florida and my dad was putting in a brick sidewalk near our front door. I can still smell it. Anytime since then... when I smell wet cement it takes me right back.

So I was realizing on my way through the city on the interstate the different smells. There are so many factories along the way, and the weird thing is, each mile you pass kind of has it's own smell. Some days you can smell soap from the St. Bernard Soap Co. Some days you smell bacon when John Morrell is cooking. Or another factory where they make TV dinners and you can smell the food. Today was Fruit Loop day. There's a General Mills factory and it hit me. It smelled so good. I swear it was Fruit Loops.

3 comments:

Kaelene said...

Wow, Matthew looks a LOT like Mike in that photo! I guess I've never noticed before how much he does . . .
Go, SUPERFAN!!

Unknown said...

But, but, but...what about the DBacks? :(

;)

Maddy said...

WHAT? He can't be anything but a D-backs fan.