Thursday, June 22, 2006

Hmmm. Vertigo. Who'da thunk??

OK, I have said before that part of my loving U2 so much is because ever since 1982 is that their music has always seemed to run parallel to things going on in my life. Every album, there was always at least a song or two that hit me. Lyrics that just were what was going on in my life at the time. This has always been a cool thing, and kind of makes up a soundtrack to my life. Can't beat that with the best bad ever now huh??? ;)

So...I haven't been around as much because I haven't really been feeling well for the past week. I couldn't explain it, but just all around yucky. Dizzy, always feeling like I was going to puke, not sleeping well, etc. I was about to make an appointment with the doctor again today. Trust me, the U2 similarity will come back in a minute.

I called my dad to see how he was feeling today. I told him how I have been feeling. He started to tell me that his mom, my aunt on his side, and him have VERTIGO??? Apparently it is an inner ear thing that he has been seen for. Vertigo? Sure enough, I looked it up on the net. It is exactly what I have been feeling. I am constantly dizzy, but it is more intense like I am moving or the room is moving when neither of us are. Especially the me part. Sometimes I would just get hit with this feeling that I was spinning, and would run into a wall going down the hallway. Hmmm.

So my dad told me to take a dramamine. I have SCADS (thanks Maddy!) of those left over from cruise days. After a couple, sure enough I felt better. I still need to go to a doctor though to have my ears checked.

But vertigo?? Hmmm. Why is it as crappy as IT makes me feel, I can't get the song out of my head now! Hello hello....I'm at a place called vertigo!!!

Now, of course, that song is stuck in my head, so I'm going to go listen to How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb.

Happy me!! Wooohooo!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

are you sure it's vertigo and not the very large doobie you been smokin???

Anonymous said...

Lisa, how many times do we all have to tell you that CRACK IS WHACK! It is time for an intervention my friend. ;)

Michelle said...

okay that's a little freaky ;)

Hope you are feeling better soon!!!

Jamie said...

Glad you are feeling better. I had a bout w/ vertigo 3 years ago so I can really feel for you. I posted about it on the Pea board and someone suggested cutting out aspartame. At the time I was on Weight Watchers and had been drinking a lot of crystal lite and diet sodas. I cut aspartame out completely and the vertigo stopped right away. Just wanted to let you know there is a correlation in case you'be been consuming a lot of aspartame.

If you google "apsartame vertigo" you'll find a lot of info on this.

Hope you feel better soon!

--Jamie

Maddy said...

WHOA! That's certainly weird. But at least you know what it is so you can treat it. I mean think of all the other things that are wrong with you that you CAN'T fix ;p

Lisa said...

maddy--thanks for saying what we were all thinking!!!! Bwahahahaha that was funny!!

Kim said...

oh sorry kerry my sil had that awhile back she said it's horrible. and i have to tell you that everytime that song comes on it reminds me of you and your blog.