Wednesday, June 14, 2006

summer visitor


This is Mickey the hamster. She is from Megan's classroom last year. She came to stay with us one weekend before school was over.

Megan's teacher asked if we would like to take Mickey for a week during the summer, and then if somebody else wanted her....we just switched houses all summer.

Alas...nobody has called about wanting to open their house to poor Mickey. Which, shhh, don't tell....is totally fine with us!

She is so cool. I had hamsters when I was growing up. I loved them! This little girl is one of the most social ones I have ever seen. She is awake most of the day, and ended up living in the desk area near our kitchen because she likes it when people are around.

Even Mike, who started out calling her a nasty rodent has gotten to where he is the only one allowed to give her the little yogurt chips that she likes for treats. He likes her now. :)

I'm going to miss this little thing when school starts again. Yep, I'm officially attached! :) So that is the story about Mickey. I thought she was worthy of a blog entry since she is so cute!!

Plus things are terribly boring around here right now. LOL!

Is summer over yet?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just looking at hamsters yesterday at the pet store and I instantly fell into this fantasy life where I bought one for Alex and it ran around and was so much fun and so cute...until I got to the part of the fantasy where my cats hunted it down and ate it for dinner...so alas...no hamsters for us:P

But Mickey is very cute:)

Michelle said...

awww....dems one cute rodent :)

Unknown said...

Once school starts and you have to give Mickey back, are you going to get a Minnie? ;)