Friday, June 23, 2006

w.o.n.d.e.r.f.u.l

Well, knowing my friends the way that I do (you all are a bunch of freaks! But I still love ya!) This little update will probably make you laugh and confirm any suspicions you had about me all along. ;)

I went to the doctor.

Yep...it is vertigo! But the best part...you want to know why? I have rocks loose in my head. Yep, that is the non technical diagnosis I got.

Apparently we all have rocks in our head. In the ear canal. These little rocks move when you do, and touch little hairs in there letting your brain know that you are moving so your equilibrium stays balanced, your legs and arms know what to do, etc. These rocks are attached in normal people. I have some sort of swelling that knocked the rocks loose and they are flipping around in my inner ear. Touching those little hairs and constantly telling my brain I am moving even when I'm not.

Why do I get these weird things? :p

Now I'm right up there with Maddy and the plastic bottle sound in her ear. Ha ha!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

so are you and your rocks going to make it to scrap tonight???? ;)

Maddy said...

OH MY GOSH! How funny that you mentioned me because now I'm SURE that the sound I heard were rocks in my head ;)

Soooo, what happens to the loose rocks? Do they fall out or what?

Maddy said...

PS why do you get all the weird head diseases? Thinking your moving when your not, experiencing deja vu? Cha cha cha!

Oh my gosh, I should be finishing up oacking instead of playing around on the computer!

Kerry said...

Maybe your rocks were loose Maddy. But you weren't saying you were dizzy at the time, right? I still think that was weird. But hey, I had quite an education of the inner ear today. Lots of weird stuff can go on in there!

Michelle, I emailed you...I'm feeling pukey. I don't think I'll be able to make it. I'm sorry. :(

Anonymous said...

you give new meaning to the phrase "you rock"

LOL!!

But really, you do--you rock (just a little more than the rest of us!!)

Lisa said...

layout title for you--"if my inner ears a rockin', don't come a knockin'!" lame i know-but it's all i got this early!! HA HA

JAFP said...

It's the cochlea. The tube in your inner ear where the fluid and hairs work together to respnd to vibrations, much like an accelerometer. ipsum gipsum blah blah blah.

I know...STFU

Thanks Regional Airline Academy!

Unknown said...

Alright, who let the man on here to give us an edumacation? Huh? ;)

Michelle said...

I like "rocks" better. :)