Thursday, June 01, 2006

It should have had DISASTER written all over it.

OK, Trevor has been asking if we can go to the Rainforest Cafe this summer for months. Like he can't say that he had a good summer vacation if we didn't go there, right?

Today it worked out that Mike was home after an early flight, and had to take some tickets into downtown Phoenix. So he took us all out to lunch with him before taking care of the tickets.

I'll preface this by saying that we have been to the Rainforest Cafe before so the kids knew what to expect. Even Matthew was totally excited about going.

As we are being seated, the hostess is telling us the usual blah blah blah...and then all I heard was, "And the lightning and rain start every 8 minutes." I didn't think anything about it. My kids loooove this place!

We sit down, order drinks, commit to eating there, and Matthew freaks out. Poor guy spends the entire meal with his hands over his ears and yelling, "I want peace and quiet! I want peace and quiet!" (I wonder where he got that from? Ha ha!) I even had to feed him because he wouldn't take his hands off of his ears to pick up food. Poor guy. He was actually scared to death, but even a trip out to the gift shop didn't help as soon as the talking tree started up. He started screaming again. Grrr.

The thing that just struck me as funny after we sat down again, was that I would just get him calm and tears wiped away from his face, and the stupid lightning would start up again. I just started laughing. Mike asked me what was so funny since I was so frustrated and couldn't eat my own food....but my thoughts went back to what the hostess said.

"The lightning and rain start again every 8 minutes."

Lightning.

Rain.

and Matthew.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe you weren't kicked out by the manager! ;) (2Ps reference)

Poor, Matthew. Poor, Kerry. Poor me for choking because I was laughing reading this. I can totally envision it!

Hey- since you went out to lunch, does this mean you cancelled your hair appointment? I hope not! :)

Kerry said...

Nooo. I have FABULOUS hair again. ;)

Kerry said...

"I can't believe you weren't kicked out by the manager! ;) (2Ps reference)"


LOL! We might have been if the elephannts weren't louder than Matthew! (Wow, where else can you say that!?!?!?)

Anonymous said...

awww - poor baby!

but you are lucky *i* wasn't there. all of that screaming would have really disturbed my dining experience. i would have insisted that the manager kick you and your screaming spawn to the curb!

:P :P :P :P :P

Jamie said...

Poor little guy. I've noticed that Rain Forest Cafe is pretty loud w/ all that stuff going on too.

Tip for you Kerry... don't EVER take him to any Latino restaurants/night clubs in Irvine, Ca at 10:00 on a Saturday night.

Kerry said...

WHAT?!?!?!? Jamie, I can't hear you!!!

LOL! It took me a minute, but once I remembered that place I was cracking up!!!

Anonymous said...

HEE HEE.....Kinda sad but KINDA Hilarious!!!!

Lisa said...

i left a comment earlier--what happened? damn computers!