Monday, June 26, 2006

Whoopie! Today was a good day!

And the whole day was topped off with THIS!
OK, I LOVE VWs. I have ever since I was little. I still remember being about 4 years old and my mom took me to Safeway in Palos Verdes, CA where we lived at the time. I got to pick out a toy. There was this little plastic orange and yellow VW beetle that probably cost 5 cents. I still have this thing today!!

Long story short, we went to this awful chinese restaurant for dinner. I wasn't even hungry, and couldn't eat after seeing a cooked shrimp on the floor by the restroom...complete with eyes. Barf.
So I just got super hungry and went to McDonald's to get something. I bought a happy meal thinking I was going to give the toy to one of the kids.

Uh uh. No way. This baby is MINE. Mine mine mine.

I got the VW bus!!!! I did take off his hippie stickers though. Now he sits on my computer desk. I may have to find my orange beetle to keep him company.

I still remember crying as I traded in my beautiful Passat for a minivan because Matthew was on his way. I loved the days when Mike and I had a two Volkswagen garage. Me and my Passat, and him and his Golf or Jetta.

Since VW doesn't make anything big enough for my family (without making kids sit next to each other...no way, not happening for my sanity's sake.) next year I plan on getting my beloved beetle. Just for Target runs and whenever I don't have all the kids.

Until then...I have my cute little VW bus from my happy meal. A HAPPY meal it was. ;)

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I'll admit, I'm not a huge fan of the VW (I know I know - please don't hate me) but THAT THING IS FREEGIN CUTE! Even I wouldn't have given it up.

My mom loved the new bug. They came out right before she died. She totally wanted one. Knowing that she loved them I've warmed up to them. The green one with the complete green package, including wheels...yeah I'd drive that cute little booger! LOL

On another side note, I dated a guy in school who drove a Jetta. Man I loved this guy. Christian was his name and he was funny as HELL! (no he really was, not just funny to me cuz I was head over heel LOL) but I digress. He called his Jetta "george". Cracked me up. He gave his car full name. George Jettason. HAHAHAHAHhaaaa KILLED ME!!!

okay maybe it was the love...

Kerry said...

I would have fallen for him if he loved his Jetta that much too. ;)

Wow, Michelle, I just don't know if we can ever get along again now that I know how you feel about VWs.
tsk. tsk. ;)

Anonymous said...

You know I support you on this! I am a loyal VW fan. I've had one since 1985 with my Jetta, then the Golf and now the Bug. If I'm still infatuated with SUVs, I'm going to go with a Tuoreg next because it kind of hurts me not to drive a VW every day.

Chelsea has promised me to keep a VW in the family at all times. I wonder if she'll keep it?

Anonymous said...

I have wanted a VW bug since I was in high school...jealous you are going to get one:)

Oh yeah:) I'm back from Florida..

Lisa said...

Love VW's! First car I had was a yellow bug with a sunroof! That car was a blast!

I gotta say though--you took the hippie stickers OFF?? You know i speak for all Excursion driving hippies when I say--WHAT THE HELL? heaven help us all! Right before we moved up here there was this old hippied up VW van--I told David that I had to have that when I moved to Prescott--did he listen?

~peace out~

Anonymous said...

I am loving those little cars from McDonalds. Ryan carries them all around in his easter basket. Can't go anywhere without them.

I would trade my odyssey for a VW van anyday--with big flowers on it too!!

Unknown said...

I have issues with VWs. ;) Ever since freshman year, driving back to Tucson (from L.A.) with my roommate in her bug, and it caught on fire. Thank goodness we weren't in the middle of the desert, but on the Eliott Rd offramp on the 10. Unfortunately, it was 11pm on a Sunday night, so we were parked on the side of the road for quite a while. Our cute friend Dave drove up from school to get us, so that was a highlight. What a guy!

Your VW bus is cute, though!

Anonymous said...

michelle and beth - do NOT diss the VW. they are quite simply the best cars EVAH! the happiest day of my life was when i bought my cabriolet back from my FIL. he bought it when we bought the explorer. we thought it was the responsible thing to do to sell the little fun car.

well screw that! when he brought up selling it last year, we promptly bought it back!

i shall have to blog my vw love very soon...

love fillmore - even without the stickers! lol!

and michelle - ROFLMAO at george jettason!!

vw lovers UNITE!!!