Wednesday, September 12, 2007

leaving little notes

Genre: non fiction.

Trevor has been leaving me little notes every night that start out like that at the top.

Tonight's note was so cute.

He's such a sweet kid, and I want to squish him.

Tonight I wasn't feeling too well. I had a headache, and I'm sure that I'm getting a little worn down since Mike has been gone. I pretty much begged the kids to be good listeners and get ready for bed. Everybody got kissed and tucked in, and then I watched the news for awhile.

So tonight I'm taking some things upstairs and I see that he has snuck another note downstairs and left it on the bottom step. It said: Get well soon mommy. I'll take care of you tomorrow after school since you always take good care of us. I'll even get up early and make you breakfast in bed. Do you want cereal or toast? Circle which one you want. :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, wow- it's like room service in hotels. But I bet he won't charge $12.95 for the plate of toast. ;)

He's a keeper for sure!

Kerry said...

nah, just a pack of Pokemon cards. ;)

He's a Dustin in training. Hahaha!

Maddy said...

I love the age where they want you to circle things on the notes. So cute! And the genre thing is hilarious! One day Ellie told me that she wanted to watch a TV show -- and not any TV show, a narrative because she really just wanted to "be entertained. Not informed of anything." BWAHAHAHA!

You've got great kids!

laura said...

that's just about the sweetest thing ever! :)

i hope you are feeling better today!

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet it brings tears to my eyes, especially after the Wii incident the other day.

I miss you guys :(