Monday, September 24, 2007

My house is suffering, but the kids are clean and fed.


I told Lisa the other day that I've been doing it wrong all along. I usually would do stuff that needed to be done during the day, like cleaning and laundry and then 'reward' myself with scrap time at night after the kids go to bed. This of course is after picking them up from school and helping with homework and spending some play time with them too.
The thing is, I usually end up cleaning until the middle of the night because I never know when to stop. Several weeks of this have made for a sparkly clean house, but one very exhausted me. One thing leads to another. So this week I've done it backwards. I'm scrapping first to save my sanity.
It isn't like the house can't wait, right? No matter how hard you work it is undone so fast you think a tornado went through anyway.
I have two more I'm going to work on too. Along with some Halloween cards. Then I'm sure I'll get tired of scrapping for a couple of days. Then pick up on cleaning again. I really do fun and exciting stuff occasionally! I really do! It just doesn't sound like it lately.
Here is my T. The journaling says:
I usually write about how fast time goes by, and how shocking and sad it seems to me - especially after looking at these photos. You have changed so much and gotten so big! But I also have to say after going through boxes of photos to find some of these that my biggest feeling is gratitide. I am so grateful for the 7 years that you have been here. I love having a boy, more than I ever could have known. I love your energy, your funky little observations, and the things that you do and say that make me laugh every single day. I do miss the little boy from years ago, but watching you grow has been one of the greatest things ever. My T man is SEVEN!
I just noticed that you can't see #1 on the scan on the top left photo, but it is there on the layout. I did forget #3 on it's photo though. Off to find more rub ons! Ack!

5 comments:

jen paddack-hyde said...

Neat page Kerry!! i need to do one of these for Alex...this year it's hitting me harder JUST how old she's getting.

Maddy said...

I love it. I'm going to copy it one day!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love all three, but this one has to be one of my ALL TIME favorites. I miss my kiddies and their mommy!

Lisa said...

great layout! love the pics and design of it. and yes--scrap first clean later--much later!! LOL

Michelle said...

those are great pictures. But seriosly, can 1 be any cuter??? well maybe by #2...and #3....dayum, that's one cute boy...eer man you've got there! :)