Friday, September 14, 2007

random observations

Maybe it's because I've been a little lonely and not having had much adult interaction for a month. (so far.) But there are things that you can't help noticing. Then if you don't put them down somewhere they seem to stick in your brain. Heaven knows I need that valuable space that these thoughts are taking for even more important information! ;)

So I'm at McDonald's this morning getting my soda. (I actually went twice since my kids go to different schools and both start at different times. Shhh. It's non calorie day.) I really needed caffiene today. Seriously.

I've known this for awhile, but my particular McDonalds' has two twin men working the drive through. One takes the money, and the other one gives me my soda. I finally had to ask one day if he had to run back and forth, and he said, "No that's my brother." - You know it is really cruel and messed up to do that to people so early in the morning. WTH? At least I know the secret now. But I do feel sorry for those who aren't in the know.

Second, I am due to get my hair colored again. Besides the obvious gray streak down the middle of my head, the other way I can tell it is nearing time is my hair isn't as 'fluffy' or listens as well to what I want it to do. My hair girl was telling me that the color that is on your hair actually attaches itself to your individual hairs, so it is adding body. Ok, that makes sense.

But why is it that we want fat, fuller hair, fuller lips and fuller boobage? Why isn't it just as acceptable if not desirable to have 'fuller' waistlines and rear ends? Nature is cruel. Besides the obvious joy that our children bring us, I believe we should be rewarded with smokin' hot bodies the more children we have.

Lastly, at Costco I noticed a couple of them and I just have to say that besides adorable babies and puppies, there is nothing cuter than little old men who wear white undershirts AS the tshirt. Do they just 'give up' and not care about the fashion rules anymore? I actually like that they are at a place in their lives where they really don't give a crap about what people think and are out just doing their thing.

The tshirt is always neatly tucked into usually khaki shorts with a belt. So it is obvious that they took some time and care before they went out. Their hair is always done, and usually they have the cute socks pulled up to the knee with sandals. I just think they are adorable. Yay for them!

So that is it. Hopefully I can delete this information in the little garbage can in my mind and move on to other things. Like the fact that Survivor starts next Thursday.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I love you.

seriously!

laura said...

you crack me up, girl! :D

Lisa said...

i think you can have a smokin' hot body after giving birth--it just involves a lot of surgery!

Anonymous said...

Ummmmmm....you know you can come hang out with me Kerry when you're feelin' lonely! Naptime between Noon and Three here. Heaven.

Maddy said...

Hope you're having fun!

PS I bought a Halloween door hanging and 3 Halloween palce mats today!

Let's plan a lunch date when you come back!