Monday, May 26, 2008

counting down.... 4 more days.

Today I am feeling sick. Not like pukey, have the flu sick.... but my anxiety level is through the roof.

I've always felt like my heartrate was like a hummingbird. I'm pretty high strung when it comes to worrying about things. It doesn't even have to be worry, like something is bad worry, but just changes... you know.... change is good, but it also brings along its own little brand of anxiety.

I think it's excitement. I am excited, and this week is down to the wire about moving. In fact, it looks like we'll be pulling out on Thursday night. CRAZY.

I feel like I've been on a hamster wheel for months now. Since the decision was made, and then getting things ready for a garage sale, then packing, and getting loose ends tied up everywhere. It has been a constant routine of packing, working, staying up far too late packing, crashing and then getting up early to do it again the next day. I've even forgotten what day it is for the most part.

So... last night my inlaws took the kids overnight after dinner. I had some time to myself, which was nice and I finally did force myself to relax a bit. - and one more trip to Target. I forgot that last night was Sunday and everything was closed early, so that was the only place to go. Then this morning, it was far too quiet with the kids gone. I decided I was going to go out and find something for brunch since I got to sleep in. :)

I ended up going on a little nostalgia tour. I even had my camera in my car. I took pictures of so many things. It's funny, there is so much of my history here. Every time I pass a place, or go into a place that has always been part of my routine I can't help but wonder if it's the last time I'll be there. Like my favorite Target. I'm going to miss the low talking cashier - the one who I could never understand but she was always smiling and knew me pretty well. I know she's going on a vacation with her husband this summer. She was always telling me about that.

I'm going to miss Eduardo... my favorite of the twins who work the drive thru at McDonalds. He's always so nice to me.

Of course I'm going to miss my family, and my friends. I know I'm not going to be gone forever. But for some reason it is feeling very weird to me today. Maybe it's the curse of being a scrapper. You start to overthink every memory you have because you just want to remember it ALL.

It's time to go though. My house is packed, and looks nothing like a home anymore. We are living with paper plates, one bowl and paper cups.

Oh and real quick - a hamster update.

The loose one is living in the laundry room right now. I have seen her, but it is impossible to catch her. Of course she had to find a small room with a washing machine, dryer and refrigerator to hide out in. If I pull one appliance out, she runs under another. I even tried to use a thin pole to scoot her out, but in order to do that, I have to open the laundry room door. So I'm pretty much waiting until Mike gets home and we start pulling stuff out of there anyway. Until then, she's eating and has water and probably thinks she lives in the biggest hamster cage ever. There is nothing like a battle of wits with a hamster. :p

4 comments:

Michelle said...

thursday?? THIS thursday? NO! You must mean 1000 thursdays from now...not. like. this. week. (more than a single tear)

My email is down so I'll have to communicate through work (GASP cuz lord knows neither of us know how to use a phone) but we all MUST GET TOGETHER. tfi fridays for dessert? or chilis (for dessert! haha) SOMETHING.

my phone is 480 244 7321. Putting it here so you always have it!!!

I love you, Kerry!!! And I will miss you terribly. I know it's not forever but it kinda feels like that. : ( k...have to go now and bawl.

Kaelene said...

Hey, wait a minute!! I thought we were going to have a chance to scrap with you before you go . . . can we NOT have that moment?? How about Michelle's suggestion? PLEASE!?!?!?!
I am not ready to let you go, but if I must . . . sniff, sniff

Michelle said...

KERRY - CALL ME - LIKE FOR REALS - RIGHT NOW (it's monday morning)

we are trying to get something put together for tomorrow evening if at all possible. We'll come to you if you can't get away. Just call and we'll figure it out. don't make me drive over there. You know I will sister!

jen paddack-hyde said...

wow...you guys are leaving soon. I feel you on the anxiety matter...I am always worrying about the most ridiculous things. I am SO glad the hamster as okay:)