Sunday, May 04, 2008

saturday


I don't know why, but for some reason when I would see my blog up and that photo with the side mirror of the car I'd get a small anxiety attack. To the point where the picture actually ticked me off. Maybe because it looks hot, and knowing summer is on the way. Who knows, but it irritated me enough that I couldn't stand it anymore. So time to post something else. Please tell me somebody else gets this way once in awhile. Or maybe constantly seeing it was also a reminder of how I feel so incredibly behind on EVERYTHING right now. Details later. I seriously have a lot of catching up to do on so many levels.
SO... onto a photo that makes me happy. Saturday was another all day horse camp at the stable where Megan used to take riding lessons. She did this last year and had a blast. Due to circumstances, we stopped lessons for awhile, but when the instructor called last week and said she was doing another clinic, I knew Megan needed to go. Like last year, she had a great time. (I secretly wish I could have stayed all day too. I loved being around the horses again. Just touching them is good therapy.)
The poor girl did end up a little overheated yesterday, and very red from so much sun.

Then on the way home we stopped at a new Danny's Family Car Wash at the Tempe Marketplace. They were doing free carwashes for their grand opening. It wasn't busy when we went, and the timing was great since my car had a new layer of horse dust all over it. While we were waiting, I got this picture of Matthew:


Kind of Tara-esq don't you think? Haha. I can only wish. Truth is, he stood still for less than a second when I got that picture. Then when he saw the camera pointed towards him he went right into 'boy' mode. Dork.

But I do think if given the chance to actually compose a photo, it could have turned out pretty cool. I think now I'll be looking for painted stucco walls for backdrops. Only I'll bring a more willing subject. ;)

More soon.

3 comments:

jen paddack-hyde said...

I like the second picture of Matthew...too funny. Sorry about that picture reminding you of the heat...I liked the picture though:)

jen paddack-hyde said...

OMGosh! Is that ASU in the background...it reminds me of the stadium? or have I been gone from Arizona that long that it just looks like it?? I love it when I can recognize places in photos:)

laura said...

WOW kerry! he's getting so TALL!! :)