Thursday, May 29, 2008

Movin' to the country, I'm gonna eat a lot of peaches....

Ok, so I'm not moving to the country...

and I'm not the biggest fan of peaches....

but I love that song and it seemed somewhat appropriate. (Yeah I know, it's a stretch.)

Today is the day!

And looking around, there still seems to be a lot to do. I can't wait to get started at this point just because if I have to pack one more box I might scream and I'm also looking forward to being able to just SIT while I drive.

Of course there are so many mixed emotions about today. I'm excited and ready to get going. We've been getting ready for this for what seems like forever. But of course the reality is that this isn't a vacation and I won't be returning to Phoenix as 'home' anymore. Wow.

I'm looking forward to new things in Kentucky, but I'm kind of a rut girl. I like my routines, but I also like new adventures. Ugh, see? I'm excited about learning a new lifestyle with GRASS in the yard to play in, RAIN, learning a new city, finding new places..... (Steak and Shake, yum.)

Last night I took a break from anything move related. Michelle picked me up and we had dinner and desert at the Cheesecake Factory. (Which not only is there one in Kentucky, BUT one in Cincinnati - right across the bridge. So there!!) Where do you all think I'm moving to anyway? There are even paved roads and grocery stores! ;)

Last night was so much fun. I can't even describe it. This is such an awesome group of girls, and I love them all so much. (I refuse to get mushy here right now.) I was showered with the best presents. A straw bag full of road munchies and games (and the coolest brush, that you know if I didn't have to have my hands on the wheel I'd be playing with for 2000 miles. I bet the kids will be fighting over that!) and thankfully... a small box of Tylenol. Haha!

Also, they must know how much I have missed scrapping lately. They put together by far the coolest little kit (I'm still in total awe of the file folder itself! I love organization things!!) with a little album, transparencies, paper, and everything I need to make a little album of our trip. I absolutely CANNOT WAIT to start using this stuff!!! And the baby trimmer... that will be perfect.

Also, the coolest little punch. We had fun putting scalloped edges on just about any piece of paper we could find at the table. I'm looking forward to using that too!!

There is still a ton of things to do here, so I better go visit Eduardo one more time and then get busy. I will be blogging from the road.

Love you all!

k


I'm NOT going to say that I'm going to miss ANYBODY here in the usual kind of miss them way, because I'm going to pretend that I'm still here and emailing people like nothing ever changed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wishing you safe travels my friend!!!!

Kaelene said...

So are you moving your denial with you? LOL (I'm referring to the email comment!) We will miss you, even though you will still just be a mouse click away! ♥