Wednesday, May 21, 2008

what day is it? Because I really can't remember at this point!

Sorry Matt, but it's time to bump you down a post. ;)

Update: Still packing. My mom has come over twice and helped me. She is amazing. She can pack a box like a game of Tetris. Thank you mom!!

I was totally worn out one night and decided I'd check out that little tab on the top of blogger that said "new template." I have been bored with my old blog and thought I'd give it a try. Never make decisions at midnight when you are mentally worn out. I hate this new look and that it took off all of my links. So when the technical man gets home I'll have to see if he can clean up my little mess I made here, and make my blog look normal again.

Anyway....

One more day of school for all three of my kids. Tomorrow is a half day and I'm sure won't be productive at all. Actually this whole week has been nothing but parties, field trips and awards for them so this hasn't been a productive week at all really.

It hit me kind of hard in many ways this morning. First dropping off Matthew at his school. He announces as he's bouncing out of the car and dragging his backpack behind him that "This is my last week in kindergarten!!" Wait... is he for real? Yeah.... he's right. He will be in first grade next year. Oh my gosh.

Kindergarten is an amazing year when you think about it. Kindergarten teachers are amazing. You send this child in the first day of school, shy and not knowing what to expect. Most not even knowing how to spell their name much less write it. Then at the end of the year, here is Matthew, writing his own name, writing short sentences, doing basic math and even reading! What a change. It is so cool.

Trevor had a great year. He didn't get his math skills from me that is for sure, but the kid kicks butt in playing around the world. His teacher even said it is almost unfair to the other students because he's so good at it. He has one nemesis from another class... who he has gone toe to toe with several times and the teacher told me it has taken up to 15 math questions for them to finally have a winner. Go Trevor!

Megan. It has been an up and down year for her but thankfully it is ending on such a high note for her. The girl is growing up. She has had a crush on "password boy" for most of the year. His name was her password for Webkinz for a long time. This morning she asked if she could take a towel to sit on because they are walking to a park for a field trip today. I didn't have a towel that I wanted to chance losing, so I asked her if a sheet would be fine. She said, "Oh yeah! That would be perfect because then I can ask Colter if he wants to sit next to me!" No boy crazy stuff yet. Please. Just slow down. You aren't even TEN yet. Talk to your father.

That is about it for now. There will be a lot of changes for everyone in our family in the next few weeks. I'm looking forward to having the kids out of school (and sleeping in past 6:00!) and then heading east.

6 comments:

jen paddack-hyde said...

man...your kids are out of school already. Alex has another two weeks plus this week. It's been an up and down year for her too...I promise that I will be answering your email to me this weekend. I am a major slacker;P

sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

Mmm... we can still see Matt when we reach the end of your post :)

If you add your links using the "add page element" thingy instead of hard-coding it into your html, you won't lose it when you switch templates. It's actually kinda cool once you get a chance to play around with it.

Maddy said...

I left a message on your phone today -- since I know you never check those, offering to come help pack. Let me know if there is a night sometime. It will be fun!

Kerry said...

I have an answering machine?!?!?

Michelle said...

yeah I left a message to. To help you pack AND move...cuz I'm that nice. But since you never check those I guess it's a no go!!!

BWHWAHAHAHAHAHAHAaaaa
yah RIGHT! (AT THE MESSAGE)

Kaelene said...

I just wish we could pretend that you ARE NOT packing to move away from us! But, if you must go, we must see you at least one more time . . . please???