Wednesday, May 28, 2008

WHOA!



Talk about perfect timing.

Yesterday we had a cool surprise when we went to pick up mike from the airport. I was going around the corner to go sit in the cell phone lot when there was the unmistakable tail of a 747 sticking up from behind the building at the executive terminal. I couldn't see what color it was or anything but got all excited to point out the huge plane to the kids.


Then me, "OH MY GOSH! IT'S AIR FORCE ONE!"


Beth will understand, she's the only other nerd I know who purposely drove down to Sky Harbor when British Airways would land. You don't have to be an airplane enthusiast to think a 747 is cool.


I had no idea the president was in Phoenix yesterday. So we find a spot up front by the board to watch the flight numbers, and people are getting out of their cars and lining up against the fence. The fence is just across a small street from the executive terminal. We went out to see what was going on. Our timing was incredible. About ten minutes later, a motorcade is coming down the street, and sure enough, there was the president waving at the few people who were against the fence. There were probably only 50 of us. The kids thought it was beyond cool to wave at the prez and have him wave back. I'm just in awe of Air Force One, so I was ecstatic!


I watched them pull the ladder back from the plane and it started to roll. I kind of forgot that Air Force One probably doesn't have to wait in line to taxi. haha. I was expecting a few minutes before being able to see it take off, but whoosh... what seemed like less than a minute later the plane was taking off. It is SO. COOL.


So we had quite a little treat yesterday. I had my camera in the car and got a few pictures, including the limousine where you can see a hand waving. I'm so bummed that my other computer is packed right now. I promise many many photos to be posted as soon as I get the chance.


One more day until the big move. The truck is here and takes up our whole yard. Dang, we have a lot of stuff. Anxiety level is still high.

1 comment:

Maddy said...

UH HELLLLLO! I just got back to life and got our e-mail! You're leaving tomorrow? I knew it was the end of May, but I was hoping that there would be at least one more week :(

At least I'll see you tonight!