Tuesday, May 13, 2008

some random stuff on this not so expletive Tuesday

I'm trying not to be a bad blogger. I have written a few posts, but blogger is not my friend and they always seemed to be doing maintenance at the time. So I have a few saved in drafts. Oh well.

So far so good on this expletive Tuesday. The weather is incredible. Yesterday was HOT. But today it is breezy, overcast and even....slightly cool! You can't help but be happy today.

So for the past several weeks we have had a caterpillar sitting on our counter top in a little bug cage. (I have to learn to say NO to some of these little animals coming home huh?) I'll admit the little caterpillar was cute. Not so cute once it crawled to the top and turned into the chrysalis. Don't dare call it a cocoon, because MOTHS live in a cocoon and butterflies live in a chrysalis. A little bit of knowledge brought to you by Trevor who just went through the caterpillar/butterfly science project in second grade. Becuase he will correct you if you get it wrong.

I went to check on my adorable little frogs who sit on the counter near the bug box. Aww, they are so cute and swimming around like, "Please feed us Kerry. We love you! We are so cute with our big webbed feet!"

Then... OH MY GOSH. You all know how I feel about butterflies. - and if you don't... they are pure evil creepy little things. They eat people when you aren't looking. Trust me.

ACK. The dang chrysalis has turned into a full fledged butterfly, staring at me with it's beady little eyes and fluttering its creepy wings. I about had a heart attack, and quite honestly I'm feeling more than a little creeped out knowing that it is sitting behind me about 4 feet away while I'm on the computer at the kitchen table. So gross. There are no words.

The kids will be releasing that mofo as soon as they get home from school today while I watch from the security of the upstairs window. In fact, we may just have to drive it back to school whence it came just so I know that it won't eat me when I take out the garbage later. This block isn't big enough for the both of us.

Ok, and one last totally random PSA for the day:

If you are going to put a political bumper sticker on your car (or any sticker for that matter) please put it on straight. It sends my OCD into overdrive when I get stuck behind you in traffic. The political ones especially because long after the election we'll be staring at that same now faded, crooked sticker and thinking, "Oh yeah, I forgot that person was running for president way back then."

Thank you!

Now back to my lunch break from packing. :)

7 comments:

sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

my sister feels the exact same way about butterflies!!

my car sticker is on straight, i swear!! it says "my other transport is the millenium falcon"... i bought it at the star wars store in disney world!!

Michelle said...

you are SO effing funny. You kill me.

Kaelene said...

I will NOT mock your feelings about butterflies . . .I'm sure that you have your reasons!
And, since you and I are on the same page with the bumper sticker thing, I'll just accept you for who you are! ;) (Besides the fact that you ALWAYS make me laugh!!!)

Maddy said...

Ha ha! Who hates butterflies? Only you. And you call yourself an animal lover.

Kerry said...

Hello? Anybody seen the Mothman Prophecies??? With Richard Gere?? Based on a true story????

Close enough to a butterfly to me.

yuck. yuck. yuck.

Qwendykay said...

Oh my gosh.. You called the BUTTERFLY a MOFO!!!

YOU ARE A FREAKING RIOT!! Seriously... belly laughed big time when I read that!

laura said...

ok, butterflies?? whassup with that? they are so pretty! :) sorry you've been so traumatized! :P

xo