Friday, May 05, 2006

Happy Friday night!

So I'm driving home from Target tonight.....with our new Disney Move It CD. Trevor is in the backseat totally hip hopping out with his popcorn combo, and I'm thinking to myself: "You finally get to a point in life where you can get the car with the killer stereo system, and what are you using it for??? Kim Possible, and other assorted Radio Disney CD's.

It was totally worth it though. At the moment there are a couple of little girls from Megan's class over. They are all out in the family room dancing to this CD, doing the cha cha slide. Matthew is running around all of them yelling C&C Music Factory's "Everybody Dance Now!" He doesn't realize that song was over a few songs ago. An Elementary school rave is going on out there. It really is hysterical. This is a glimpse of things to come. A house full of giggly girls and brothers who are totally trying to crash the party.

And for you Maddy, I forgot to tell you that they had the second grade program the other night. You won't believe this, but the song they got to dance to was this funny choreographed dance to Dancing Queen!!!! They even all got a standing ovation. The girls had crowns on and their hair all in updos. They were dancing around the boys. It was funny. Totally Maddy. I can't help but wonder if it is a program that Maddy put together for her class when she was teaching, and somehow it is still making the elementary school rounds. I'll have to check out that fine print on the program. ;)

Wish me luck. I'm going back out there. I can't have Mike out there by himself for long. We are double teaming kids tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhh the joys of parenting! Love those CBX rub-ons Kerry!!!! Gotta get me some!

Maddy said...

DANCING QUEEN!!!! BEST EVER!

I actually never was in charge of the talent show when I taught school. If you can believe it, they let me run the spelling bee.

I did help with a talent show at an Elementary school when I was still in college, but no such luck on the cool dance routine. . . I'll have to work on it with Ellie for the Stake Fair talent show next year.