Thursday, May 25, 2006

Kindergarten graduate


Look at this kid. Today was his last day of kindergarten. I know that we are all amazed at how quickly our kids grow, but I saw this photo that I took of him today and I was just stunned.

It seems like yesterday that I dropped him off on his first day of kindergarten. The backpack seemed bigger than he was. He didn't know how to read or write yet. And he didn't look this grown up.

Now he can write, and he loves to read Magic Treehouse books. Chapter books! I mean, he reads more than I do!! It is amazing what a child can learn in one year. Absolutely amazing.

I can't tell you how proud I am of this kid.

Next year....first grade!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww! congratulations! :) he is so handsome and grown up!

xo

Maddy said...

Look how grown up he is. Glad it went well. Hope you enjoy your weekend.

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW!!! That's awesome!

Lisa said...

I can't believe the little boy that called me "miss lisa" from 2 years ago is this big! Too cute!!! I didn't know you could read Kerry!! :)

Anonymous said...

that's so cool! Congrats to him. And it is scary how fast they grow up from this point on:)

Michelle said...

I don't believe it. no sir. they're lying to us I'm convinced of it. time DOES NOT go by this quickly!!!