Friday, September 15, 2006

Curious George and one freaked out mother!





I don't remember Curious George being a part of my childhood. I vaguely remember the stories from school, and that is about it.

We took the kids to see the movie when it came out, and that was their first introduction to him. I have to admit that I had to remember to breathe during the scene with the paint buckets being spilled, and had to remind myself that this was animation and that no real person had to actually clean up that mess. Maybe that is why I never liked George. He was a little TOO curious and I knew he was going to get into trouble. (And why does that man in the yellow hat allow a monkey to run around the city unsupervised?!?!?!) I'm sure I held my breath until he got out of trouble. I'm too much of a rule follower. Apparently even in my TV viewing.

Last month, Matthew and I were at Target. He found this small stuffed George. Matthew about dove out of the cart to get one and begged me to take one home. He had those sweet little doe eyes that made it impossible for me to say no. He sleeps with this little George every night. If George gets lost in the dark, there is a big ordeal at 3:00 in the morning to find him. And of course, there is no going to bed until he is found.


- Now there is a program on channel 8 in the morning. A whole half hour of George. It is funny, because Matthew has this new thing where he HAS to watch George with me. It is time that I really do enjoy with him now. He sits so still and just cuddles with me and melts into my lap. This is our time now, and because of that I have a new place in my heart for this monkey that gives me anxiety attacks.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

you must now buy the jack johnson cd!!!!! and you must buy it at target before monday! HA HA

Kerry said...

LISA!! STOP IT!