Tuesday, September 12, 2006

It's the most wonderful time of the year.....

Wow, it seems like I still have so much to post about since my trip with Mike over the weekend. I haven't had a lot of time to sit down and try to write about it.

So I'll go with what we have been up to today and hopefully post pictures from the trip tonight.

Speaking of the trip, poor Trevor has had a bit of separation anxiety lately. Us going away for the weekend was tough on him. The last image I had of him over the weekend was him looking out the front window as we backed out of the garage. He had such a sad face and was waving really slowly. :(

So today Matthew had preschool. Don't tell the Peas, but I decided that today would be a good day to play hookey from 1st grade and take Trevor out to do a few of his favorite things. Just me and Trevor. We went to IHOP, his favorite place to eat. Then we went to a bookstore and happily found three new Pokemon books that he didn't have. These are 80+ page chapter books, that he can read in one night. He loves them so much! Then we went to Target. (I know, technically MY favorite place, but it wasn't like I had to drag Trevor with me you know.)

I already found some Halloween things that came home with me. I have no will power. None. So to me it is officially fall. The weather is in the low 90's today (brr!), there actually is a nice breeze, and I have two Halloween decorations up already.

I even made a great deal with Trevor. I have a firefighter costume that I bought on clearance for $3 last year. It was just for the kids to play dress up with. (I bought two actually) I told Trevor that if he wanted to be a firefighter for Halloween, I would buy him a Pokemon figure instead. We have a deal. - THEN Matthew wants to be a pirate. I already have that costume too. I might actually get off SUPER easy on Halloween costumes this year! I'm pretty excited about that. And we have deals, so they can't change their minds 1,000 times before then right?

Megan is the only one who hasn't come up with anything yet. Yesterday it was a cheerleader. So we'll see how that goes. Thank goodness she might be past that Disney Princess stage where the price of the accessories needed to transform a dark haired little girl into said Princess can kill you.

7 comments:

Maddy said...

HEY! That was almost *my* blog title since Christmas shipping has begun! In a minute I'm going to clean out under my bed so I can start stashing presents. I'm so giddy.

They were putting up all the Halloween costumes when Nate and I were there this morning and I can't wait to go back tomorrow and get Ellie her witch costume.

I loooooove this time of year. For all of the craziness it is so much fun! :)

Anonymous said...

ooohhh - you bad mom!! keeping your child out of school?! the HORROR!!! ;) :P

sounds like you both had a most excellent time! :D

Kerry said...

Yeah Laura, but I bet you were in your JAMMIES ALLLLL DAY! ;)

Lisa said...

yeah--i was in CA today and i'm pretty sure i caught a glimpse of a woman in jammies!!! oh! oh! oh! i ate at ihop today too!! how cool is that?? only mine was in ontario (ca) that is!

well, i'm bummed cuz david wants to wait until the last week of september--that's the 3oth kerry ;), to put up decorations! party pooper! anyone needs a princess costume drive up and see me--we got every princess you could name!

Unknown said...

Ha! Your title brings only one image to mind- back to school! I seriously don't get a Christmas image in my head when I hear that song. I'm a marketers dream...

After your phone call yesterday, I ended up moving my Target trip up a day to check it out. They were working on the costumes and had one aisle partially finished, so there's still a bunch to put out. Since I forgot to get Tide, I can check out their progress later today; woohoo!

Kerry said...

Yeah, I forgot hairspray. I'll be back there today too.

Darn. ;)

Unknown said...

Got my Tide. No progress. :(

Something to look forward to when we get back from the trip! ;)