Friday, September 22, 2006

four year well check




Matthew had his four year well check yesterday. How did that happen? Four years? Actually his birthday is next month, but close enough.

He is doing great with all of the developmental milestones. :)

There were a couple of concerns that Mike and I have had the past month that we have figured out now. He started showing the same symptoms that Trevor had when he was four....sleep aphnea and not eating well, if anything at all. Sure enough, this little guy has HUGE tonsils and adnoids that need to come out.

So we have an appointment with the ear/nose/throat doctor to schedule surgery for the poor little guy. My mind whooshes back to when Trevor had this done. It broke my heart how quickly they took him away from me, and he was crying for me until he fell asleep. I think that is a stupid rule to not allow a mom back there with them. I'm sure some hyper over reacting mom in an O.R. ruined it for everybody.

I'm looking forward to getting this done though, because it made a world of difference in how Trevor was feeling. He still has respiratory problems, but not as often like Matthew gets. So I'm crossing my fingers this will be perfect timing with RSV season coming up.

I have already promised Matthew lots of pudding, yogurt and ice cream.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

AW Poor little guy. He'll pull through just fine. It's always harder on us isn't it??

Maddy said...

WOW! Look at you super mom. I still haven't taken Ellie in for her 4 year. She's only 5 months behind.

PS I know we already talked about Matthew, but I didn't want anyone to think I was uncaring, so I'll "re"care. pooooor Matthew. So glad you will get it taken care of though!

Anonymous said...

Ryan had his 4 year check on Wednesday. 3 shots, tb test and finger prick.

The highlight of Thursday was when we asked him what he did at preschool. His reply? "We went to chapel and I showed them my prick"

Bawahahahahahahhahahaha!

Hope surgery isn't too stressful for your little man!

Anonymous said...

oh man! poor trevor! i remember how hard it was when sarah just got tubes - a real-life surgery would have probably wigged me out! ;)

send him a hug and a tickle from me!

Lisa said...

well, i am sure he will be fine and that it is for the best--however i hate that whole surgery thing on the little ones--i can't even imagine haley having to do that!!!