Monday, September 18, 2006

So I went to Target today........

Guess where I went today!!! Yes, I know. I realize I am starting to sound like the girl from American Pie.

"This one time at band camp....."
(edited for June)


I had to laugh the other night at the convention when during a dinner break Michelle said, "Hey Kerry, if you ever go back and read your posts on your blog do you realize that almost every one says that you went to Target that day???"

Hmm. You know, she has quite a good point there. In my defense, the past two times I went I totally forgot that I needed hairspray. So I went back again today. I can't have my family going out into the world with their hair all willy nilly, so it was my duty as a mom.

The funny thing is, I had been there yesterday with my out of town guest Laura. We were killing some time before I had to take her back to the airport. What is a vacation or weekend away without visiting a Target from another state???


So last night I am in bed and for some reason I am thinking about this shirt that I saw that I didn't buy for Trevor. It was a cute button up shirt that would look really cute with a tshirt under it for Fall. "I think I will go to Target tomorrow and find that shirt, and buy hairspray." I tell myself before I fall asleep. Counting Spot the Target dog as he leaps over fences in pastures of green clover. Ahh.

Guess what? The shirt had gone from 30% off to 50% off!!! Now THAT is what I am talking about baby!! That is why I love Target. What a thrill.

Of course since I had Matthew with me, I promised him that he could look at the Thomas aisle for the usual 15 minutes as soon as I did my other shopping. Would you believe that absolutely NOTHING has changed in that aisle since yesterday???? But we still had to sit there and look, and hear about which ones he wanted for his birthday. Freakin' Thomas aisle. Please remind me that someday I will actually miss looking at Thomas for hours, because right now, it is driving me crazy!!!

There really is a point to this whole entry. I need to challenge myself. I need to see how long I can go without going to Target. So, I am stocked up on hairspray, deoderant, toilet paper, paper towels, all the little things that make me need to keep going back there. I'm even pretty good on my Halloween decorations. So.... how long do you think I can go without going to Target????

Any guesses?

Should I make this a prize winning challenge?

Place your bets!!

It is ON!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess the week of October 9th:) Of course, that's the week I'm out there so that may be the reason your there;)3 weeks...can you do it:)

21stCenturySocks said...

Sounds like you got a bargain with the shirt.
I hope it is a bargain. It just seems to me nothing is made to last.
I'm sure when I was young shirts weren't so "see-through" maybe it's the washing powder...

Michelle said...

haven't changed since last night! THAT'S CLASSIC!

you made it sound like I thik that's a bad thing, going to target. It's not at all! It's justfunny.

i gife you till the end of the week. :) tops!

Anonymous said...

Anyone who purposely forgets something (you know you do it) to make an excuse to go back to Target is sick. SICK I TELL YOU!!!

Every time we go to California on vacation, guess where we go. Universal Studios? Nah. The Beach? Blah. San Diego Zoo? NOPE!

We go to Target. EVERY TARGET. San Diego, Carlsbad, Irvine, Anaheim, San Dimas, Los Angeles, Moreno Valley, Ventura, Santa Barbara, Huntington Beach...well you're starting to get the picture.

We have seen them all. Target, Super Target, Target Greatland...

Kerry likes Target.

Kerry said...

Yessss.....California has some LOVELY Targets.

Now I need to see a Target in a different country.

See why I accidentally forget YOUR razor everywhere we go? Ha ha!

Anonymous said...

I give you no more than 72 hours. :)

Anonymous said...

I bet you'll be there tomorrow!!

I can't take Ryan to Michaels either--damn trains!!

Anonymous said...

forgot to add that I had to go to LA for a training on Monday. Sunday night as I'm exiting the freeway I saw it--the almighty Target. just seeing it made me happy!

SuburbanMom said...

ha ha, you are too funny. I think you can go two weeks. That's how long I can go. And then the dishwashing soap starts to run out....or you need more sandwich bags...or any one of a million reasons to run back to the bulls eye comes up :)

Jamie said...

I don't think you'll make it a week. What's the prize? :o)

Lisa said...

you'll be there before Monday. Oh--I so love the willy nilly hair! :)

Unknown said...

Ahem. Targets in Boston look just like ours; the people just talk funny there. And I know this from personal experience... ;)

Friday tops.

Anonymous said...

Ummmmm.Correction.....

It's "THIS ONE TIME.....at band camp". I know this because it's one of my favorite lines ever.

So, this one time.....I had this friend who couldn't stay away from Target. And won't be able to. Especially when the sale turns over on Sunday. She'll be back by next Monday the 25th.